Facebook Marketing Questions

mobileloyal

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
A few questions about Facebook marketing:

1. Does your coffee shop use Facebook to keep in touch with customers?
2. How often do you post status updates?
3. How do you get customers to follow you on Facebook?
4. Do you consider your Facebook Marketing to be effective?

Thanks!

mobileloyal

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I've seen local coffee shops here in Lubbock who have Facebook pages but I've yet to see one of them use it effectively. I follow several coffee shops around the country and some of them seem to update their status daily usually with a post about new products or things they have going on. One post a day seems to me to be about right.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I've seen some local coffee shops attempt to use Facebook, but then they don't bother to do daily updates, which is extremely counterproductive. There is nothing worse than going to someone's Facebook page and seeing outdated stuff.

I've also seen Facebook pages that are updated several times a day. They tell about specials for the day, they run daily contests (guessing type contests or the first person to reply to a post gets a free item), and they answer questions or comment on people's posts. They post photos of coffee items, latte art, and cute coffee related cartoons.

Here is one that I find entertaining. I visit this little bakery/cafe when I travel to the Jersey Shore area https://www.facebook.com/browniessquared?sk=wall

Rose