Curiosity

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place but here we go...I am looking into opening my own shop. I am curious to know what I would have to do in the process of ordering coffee. Do I go online and find a roaster or go through another channel? Also wondering about flavors and other things I would need to run a coffee efficiently. I just need help from experts in general. I got a bunch of questions that flow into my mind from time to time. The help is appreciated in advance.

ChopShopCoffee

Dec 6, 2012
Tukwila,WA
Visit site
Find a nice locally owned roaster they always treat you good. Give them a call and they will meet with you(Or at least thats what they do in Washington) flavors on the other hand are tricky cause some people ask for some pretty random stuff. Make sure you do get all the basics though like Vanilla,Caramel, Almond, Cinnamon, Raseberry....White chocolate...chocolate...Caramel sauce...ect.

Thank you guys so much. This information was very helpful. I have some researching to do before anything would kick off plus I'm looking at a couple spots for the location. I just wanted some information on some things that have popped in my head the last couple of days. Again thank you so much!

evanclosson

May 18, 2010
Patchogue, NY
Visit site
As far as syrups go, I've gone through Monin, Torani and DaVinci. Been using Sweet Bird (Sweetbird - Home) for about 6 months and I've liked their syrups the best so far.

As far as coffee goes... have you looked into an in shop roaster? Nothing beats freshly roasted coffee.

No I haven't yet but I will be sure to do that at some point. Today is my only day off so as much as I love my job and everything else I will not be researching anything coffee related except sitting on the couch drinking it. :laughs: thank you again and again for the advice and options you have given me. I'm grateful that I got involved with this forum because without it I'd be lost. :fingers crossed: I will hopefully have my project up and running within the next year hopefully the beginning of 2014, as we are almost in 2013 now. I will be posting more when the shop is open as to a variety of questions I can guarantee that.