Love Coffee...but can't Sleep?

markkislich

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
OK I just wanted to let everybody know about this: I just found out WHY it is that some sleep like a baby after a cup of espresso, and others toss and turn all night after having had a single cup of coffee in the morning!

I'm a coffee lover and then there's the fact that coffee actually has a whole bunch of health benefiots, BUT if it messes with your sleep...THAT can be a problem.

Thing is that some metabolize caffeine slowly while others metabolize it much faster.

Problem? How to get the caffeine out of your system, if you don't want to go without your wonderful cuppa joe?

Here is a post I just wrote on this very subject, in case you want to find out more:
tsmethod.com

It took me a while to actually find this information, and I believe this will be quite valuable to all those out there with the same situation.
This can be your answer, coffee loving brothers in arms! :)

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

So, once people start reading your blog post (tsmethod.com) and start asking questions, will you be able to answer them?

You referenced another article in your blog post. Fast Caffeine Metabolism for Better Sleep with Sulforaphane « Kevin Burton's NEW FeedBlog

How much broccoil (or broccoli supplements) should a person consume on a daily basis to help improve caffeine metabolism and sleep? Have you actually tried this?

Rose

markkislich

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Rose, and thanks for the welcome!
Seems to me you're a little worried I'm not a real person or something...
Can I invite you to read the post I wrote on just that subject? It really explains it all...anyways, here's the gist of it:
I use broccoli sprout supplements, two of them, in the evening around dinner time, to give the Sulforaphane time to get into the system and to detox the caffeine...

I personally use the recommended dose, but on 2 supps at the same time. Personally I believe they're really quite safe and more is better here, up to a point.

If you eat the broccoli directly, I'd recommend organic for most times and simply add it into your diet, especially for dinner. I recommend that anyways, as it has a whole host of health benefits.

And yeah, if you leave a comment on my blog I'll answer it every time! It's a small community as yet and I try to take the time and help out as good as I can.

I hope I has proven myself? :)

Thanks Rose, and guess what....I'm just now enjoying my morning cuppa joe...I really DO love coffee, and boy was it a problem with the sleep? But now I'm totally fresh and well rested, it really seems this works, yeah! Whooho

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello again, Mark

I'm glad your broccoli supplement routine is working for you. You mentioned that you love coffee. How much coffee do you drink during the day?

Thanks for responding to my comments, and for sharing your discovery and the link to your blog.

Rose

markkislich

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
How much Coffee

Heya Rose!
Hope you enjoy my blog!
I just started a new series on getting lean BEFORE Christmas...

But anyways, the coffee: I usually drink 1-2 mugs of pretty strong, always organic coffee. The last coffee of the day has to be about 2 pm, some 9 hours before bed time. :-(

If I could get away with it, I'd have LOTS more, but...you get too wired, and then there's the sleep issue.

I usually get some organic, freshly roasted (not more than 2 weeks) coffe beans from out local roaster (Kaffi Tár), then grind them fresh and brew directly.

As a matte rof fact I'm just testing a new one, organic, but unfortunately ground already. It's very different, slightly sweet. Amazing how many different flavors you get with coffee? Just like red wine, in a way...

And you, how much coffe do you drink in a day. Does it affect your sleep?

Mark :razz:

Hello again, Mark

I'm glad your broccoli supplement routine is working for you. You mentioned that you love coffee. How much coffee do you drink during the day?

Thanks for responding to my comments, and for sharing your discovery and the link to your blog.

Rose

markkislich

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Health Benefits of Coffee

Hey btw, I wrote quite a few posts on coffee, you might wanna check my first one from some 2 years back, it's about all the health benefits of coffee: amazing! It's called Organic Farmers coffee, something something tumpty tumpty, you can use the search function! Please let me know what you think?
:decaf: THIS is what I look like when I have too much coffee, especially at the end of the week, LOL!

markkislich

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Heya Rose, today I try both: the 2 supplements AND some Cruciferous veggies: cauliflower (has the same substance, Sulforaphane) and broccoli.
See how it goes, but I can tell you now I'm very nicely tired already...it's 10 to 9 PM here in Iceland now...

Nighty Night! :)