Selling Green Beans

MindxInc

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

I've looked at a bunch of stickies already, and believe B2B is the proper forum to post this in. I've recently become a wholesaler of sorts. By this I mean that my family has been in the coffee business for a long time, but only the growing side of things. Recently I've started bringing my product in state-side, and am looking to sell green coffee to roasters.

I've got two beans, both single origin, one at 1200+ meters and one at a lower altitude, about 900 meters. I will send samples for cupping upon request.

I would provide an email address, but the system won't let me since I'm a new user. I believe I checked off the "allow members to email me" box though, and hopefully I will be able to PM some of you my email or other contact information.

Cheers,
Diego Vizcaino
Mindx Inc

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
Hi Diego, I have heard alot of good things about Guatemalan coffee. Are you selling them unroasted? I would like to try your coffee, but am presently in Lima, Peru, and dont know if they would pass customs, or if they would make it here at all:grin:. You sound like a very professional person. Do the 2 beans taste differently? Regards, Greg

MindxInc

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I think we might be able to work something out. Are you looking for unroasted beans? I actually sell both.

The only problem I can see us running into is an inflated shipping cost. I've never done business with anyone in Peru so I'm not exactly sure what the best method to send it would be. I will ask the manager at the farm today if he knows of a way to send a quantity of beans to you.

Cheers,
Diego Vizcaino

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
I am looking for unroasted beans. i will be here for another 2 months or so and will be heading back to the U.S. i think the best way to ship a sample would be an airline were somebody would carry it on board or checked bag, but would have to be claimed on the customs form. how many grams is a sample? if anything else, i will wait until i get to the U.S.
Best Regards,
Greg

MindxInc

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Standard sample sizes are 200g
I COULD DHL it, but we'll see how much that will be. I'll PM you more information as I have it!

-Diego

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I just got some sample green beans from Diego from Mindx, Inc.

he sent two different types... One is Named La Loma and the other is Esperanza. Very sexy names....
Both beans look very high quality... Not many or any defects here.... I can't wait to try these.... I will report back once I get the time to roast and try them...

Thanks Diego....

MindxInc

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Junky! Glad to see that your shipment came through, please please please give me all the feedback you can! I really appreciate any sort of response as my business venture is still very new to me!

Thank you for your review of the green beans!

-Diego

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I roasted one of the batch... Esperanza... Could you please give me some details of the bean or is it a blend?

When I roasted the bean, it gave pretty decent aroma right away. Sometimes some of the beans will take about 24 hours start giving nice aroma. I roasted medium and the color of the beans are very nice caramel color. The bean size is about the average after the roasting. When I tasted the bean, it gave nice berry and earthy. Did not feel much of tanning. The sweetness of the bean gave me nice after taste and the finish was very smooth. To me , it is very nice high quality bean. I would recommend it to anyone..... Please try them,,,,,

MindxInc

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I roasted one of the batch... Esperanza... Could you please give me some details of the bean or is it a blend?

When I roasted the bean, it gave pretty decent aroma right away. Sometimes some of the beans will take about 24 hours start giving nice aroma. I roasted medium and the color of the beans are very nice caramel color. The bean size is about the average after the roasting. When I tasted the bean, it gave nice berry and earthy. Did not feel much of tanning. The sweetness of the bean gave me nice after taste and the finish was very smooth. To me , it is very nice high quality bean. I would recommend it to anyone..... Please try them,,,,,

Sure. It's not a blend. It's a single origin coffee from the South Western part of Guatemala, grown at 1100 meters above sea level. Is there anything specific you would like to know? I am attending a conference with AnaCafe in Guatemala on the 4th of February where they will be giving me all of the minute details of my bean, both green and roasted.

I'm glad you liked it! Send me an email or a phone call if you are interested in more of the bean.

Cheers,
-Diego Vizcaino

martinezfinca

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
hello Diego,

I live in California and have just recently started looking to purchase green beans from a grower. I'm new to coffee, but have always wanted to roast and sell coffee. I would be purchasing small amounts of coffee, but maybe we can work something out.

Thanks,

Luis