Good Oatmeal Maker

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I am selling one cup oatmeal(four different flavors) at my coffee business.
I am wondering if anyone know reasonably price source?
I am paying around 2 dollars each and hard to make good profit on these.... I will post up the brand i use ... I just can't remember right now.... :(

coffeejoes

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
We approached our solution from the quality side first and found it to be the most cost effective. We offer regular and extra thick cut rolled oats. I played with steel cut also but found the vast majority of customers prefer rolled oats. I analyazed the ingredients of commercially available as well as e instant oatmeal. You ultimately are paying for convenience, perhaps sugar and even dry milk in some brands. The cost of a serving of the dry oatmeal is so low especially when purchase a 50 pound bag that I would not even enter it in to the cost of goods. We scoop dry oatmeal into the final container, add whole, skim, or 2% milk from our espresso machine and then place in microwave for 30 to 90 seconds. This time of course depends on your microwave. Experiment with the time, this is where you can easily overcook to make a very mushy breakfast. We offer all types of sugar, topping, fruit, etc all for under a food cost of .50. You will not get rich on this but everything you sell should contribute to gross margin to the extent possible. Our response has been great, we do not have mushy product like most shops using a prepackage mix. $2.00 a servings oatmeal are only good for the seller and distributors. Hopes this helps.

Last edited: