Wholesaler Searching!

sanderlife

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have businesplan to import coffe beans to Estonia.
First month order will be 400kg coffe benas. We roast this weself , but where to search whosale company , how can give nomral price .
I have calulate , 1kg will be coast $2,50-$3,20 each.

Is someone know some contcs or.. ?

Ty for evey answears.

sander.

Last edited by a moderator:

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Where are you bringing the beans in from?

The wholesalers/importers here in the states charge roughly $2.50 - $3.20 PER POUND for orders of that size of arabica beans. (Or are you talking about robusta?)

My guess is that you'll find a wholesaler in Germany to supply your needs.

sanderlife

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have roastering machines.
So i need also whosaler.

Eldub, you think that Germany whosaler sells $2,50-$3.20 arabican beans ?
I was thought that maybe looking whosaler chine or Brazilia.. or what you think ??

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Here in the US, quality arabica beans sell for more like $5-$6/kg.

I'm not sure you are going to find any exporter in brazil willing to ship a small quantity, let alone for the price you are wanting. The cost of shipping will be crazy, imo.

China doesn't grow much coffee, I don't think. Viet nam might be an option, but 400kg isn't a very big order.

We order about 400kg at a time from wholesalers here in the US. The beans cost $2.50- $5 per pound. (Thats' roughly $5 - $10/kg.) That is a small order that doesn't warrant international shipping charges. Most coffee beans are transported from the source countries in containers fo a size that justify the shipping costs due to economies of scale. Shipping small amounts overseas isn't cost effective. And that's why I'm guessing you need ot find someone in Europe who imports large quantities of beans to help lower the costs.

sanderlife

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Or maybe better plan to export to my country already ready coffee ?
i mena i bags and only to make deals with shops who buy it in ?

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You will do better bringing in green beans and roasting them in your country, imo. Get ahold of forum member "expat" and ask him about european green bean suppliers. (He roasts in Ireland.)

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I agree... Expat would know about importing to Europe. Also buying 400kg is not that much of coffee.... If you want to import any green coffee beans from origin of country, the mount should be at least 22,000 pounds which means around 10,000 kg. Now, that amount would make sense for the higher shipping cost... which will be around 3-4,500 dollars.