Anyone know the value of my Diedrich IR 3?

sted6335

Jan 7, 2013
Chautauqua, NY
Visit site
Hello coffee lovers...........
I've decided to sell my Diedrich IR 3 after agonizing if I should or not. I really don't know what it's worth. It's a 1997, in good shape as it has never been my primary roaster. I bought it in 2001 from a guy that used it very little for a hobby business. I need the money to buy a weigh and fill machine. The Diedrich can easily roast 20lbs per hour..........I roasted some with it today. It's a great little roaster!
I'm an infant to this forum but I'm already learning a lot from so many good posts................thanks!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
That is 3kg unit... so around 6.6 pounds per cycle....
Diedrich IR 3 Coffee Roaster | eBay

above is same unit but 2006 model... and he thinks he can get more then 12,000 dollars....
I think they are worth about 8-9,000 dollars and yours is little older so I can say yours is around 6-7,000. That is what is worth.
To sell it, I would say, around 3-4,500 then you will get good bite on them....

Ozturk, Ambex and other brand new roasters with great reviews have those size at very reasonable price... so I would say, if you do not have good price, it would be difficult to sell.

For example, I just picked up a 5kg roaster for 2500 dollars....

sted6335

Jan 7, 2013
Chautauqua, NY
Visit site
Thanks for the post.......We always look at getting 5lbs for a single batch roasted. One thing going for the value is it's a Diedrich but also it has limited hours on the machine as it has never been a primary roaster. I had a 5 kilo Ambex and it is not nearly as good a machine as the Diedrich..............

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Yes I agree.... Diedrich is like Mercedes in its class but I have seen few ir -12 for around 12-14,000 having tough time selling as well.
I just sold my 35 pounder Primo for 12,000 about a month ago...
We all would like to get more for our machine but reality is there aren't that much of demand for used good machine when you can buy brand new for the same price or little more.....

DixonRoaster

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Roaster

Do you still have your IR 3. I used to roast on an IR 12 but got out of the business after roasting for 10 years. I am looking ot get started again and want to sart with your size roaster. Let me know.

Hello coffee lovers...........
I've decided to sell my Diedrich IR 3 after agonizing if I should or not. I really don't know what it's worth. It's a 1997, in good shape as it has never been my primary roaster. I bought it in 2001 from a guy that used it very little for a hobby business. I need the money to buy a weigh and fill machine. The Diedrich can easily roast 20lbs per hour..........I roasted some with it today. It's a great little roaster!
I'm an infant to this forum but I'm already learning a lot from so many good posts................thanks!