Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Consulting

JCGoldy
    I have owned and operated an espresso bar in Michigan for 11 years (this Nov. 23 is 11 years). I also do consulting. If you would like information on what I offer contact me.
    Thanks

consulting

Jcgoldy -

I can vouch for Jack from JPsCoffee....Great guy with lots of information!

Amy

WOW!!! Now everybody kiss and play nice, nice This forum is valuable in the sense that it provides information and exchange of ideas...Now of course my opinion is the only one that accounts for anything...Just kidding... . Fact of the matter is this site and others like it are for professionals and non professionals to share. When appropriate, I through in my two cents in for what it's worth. With that said, lets get things back on track.
    "A Word of Difference"TM

Thanks coffee guy ... I agree with you.
    Bellissimo Coffee InfoGroup
    American Barista & Coffee School
    Expert Coffee Business Consulting, On-site or Espresso Lab Professional Barista Training!

I just happened to come across this forum a few minutes ago. I am playing around with the idea of opening a coffee house, but don't know much about this business yet; still researching. I also am not a fan of the bickering, but in defense of cafemakers, I think it is very helpful to know that someone offering advise in this forum works for a particular company and that their opinions may not be completely un-biased regardless of how good intentioned they may be. I appreciate the fact that this was pointed out. (no offense to BaristaTrainer)

Cre8tive_being

I appreciate your input, no offense taken. I enjoy posting on this forum and sharing my experiences and knowledge just as much the next guy/girl. I work for Bellissimo and take pride in what they offer, and I do recommend their products along with other resources out there for anyone new to the business. I would have made the same post years ago before I worked for them, when I was managing my 3rd coffee shop.

There are many users on here working for companies in this industry and I think it is great that so many people are eager to share their knowledge.

If you are in the conceptual stages of opening and still researching I would look into joining the SCAA http://www.scaa.org as well as subscribing to Fresh Cup magazine http://www.freshcup.com

Do as much research and ask as many questions as you can.

Good Luck!

BT
    Bellissimo Coffee InfoGroup
    American Barista & Coffee School
    Expert Coffee Business Consulting, On-site or Espresso Lab Professional Barista Training!

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have noticed that quite a few people here work for companies in the industry. I don't think that's a bad thing at all, but it's still a good thing to know. I appreciate your response and thanks for the links. I will definitely check them out. I will check out Bellissimo as well.

Advice

I am posting this message because I have worked with both the Barista Trainer (Bellissimo) and Cafemakers (Andrew Hetzel).

My dealings with both companies has always been in a professional manner.

Unfortunately, I am disappointed at the nature of the way the forum "chat" turned. It became very apparent that the "chat" became malicous and personal when the forum is not designed to air your "dirty laundry".

There are many people who read and give advice/info on these forums, but in no way is it a place to "go after" another company or individual no matter how YOU feel they represent themselves on the chat boards.

We are all professional people and need to act as such.

Thank you,

Rockcreekcoffee

Advice

Follow up to the previous post....

I am not at all unhappy with Bellissimo or Cafemakers. I still work with both companies and seek advice (when necessary from each).

All I want to say is - please don't discredit Bellissimo (the industry leader) in the Specialty Coffee Industry on a public forum. I don't think it is necessary or professional. I would say the same exact thing to anyone discrediting any company/person in a public forum.

Rock Creek Coffee

Rest in Peace!

Like Cre8ive_being, I appreciate the fact BaristaTrainer's opinions may not be completely un-biased regardless of how good intentioned they may be & this was pointed out by CafeMakers. (no offense to BaristaTrainer)

I feel that I would have held you with greater respect if your 7th posting here was the 1st to reply CafeMakers cos it appears to me that you would not even come straight out to admit that you are from Bellissimo (like not proud of it or something, perhaps shocked at being caught red handed maybe?) Up to that post on page two, I still didn't know that you were INDEED from Bellissimo. (I'm not siding with him though)

My 2 cents worth is that you should prefix "We at" Bellissimo... blah, blah

Or perhaps: "Despite this being a biased opinion, and me being associated with Bellissimo, " Espresso 101 is great!

Indeed if you signed of as a contact resource for Bellissimo, it would not have prevented me from (all your softsell but to some it's HARDSELL) visiting your web to look at your products.

However, I wonder why you are still here when the email about ordering your books/tapes I sent to contact@bellissimocoffeeinfo.com went unanswered.

Aa a parting shot, I do like the icon/pic below your BaristaTrainer nick and that's the only thing that made me suspect that you were from Bellissimo cos it looked like the cover of 1 of the books/tapes you are selling.

Anyway I do respect CafeMakers for all his input, though bias, & he did shut up when he said he will. (I liked your icon too)

By the way, Aliya, I pm-ed you to ask how you were doing but I guess you are too busy with you new cafe. All the Best to 1 & all here!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links