Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Consulting

Super Moderator
    Freehelp....NICE as to ailya...where the heck did you go?! Drop us a line and tell us how everything is working out.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Ditto
    "A Word of Difference"TM

More updates!

Barista Trainer nearly bit my head off when he finally responded and took my order!

No worries... he fulfilled he end of the bargain although the order took about a month to arrive... I'm sure I got a REAL bargain!

Cafemakers on the other hand pm-ed me to say he had contacts in SG that he could drop me a phno. However, when I responded with an email for him to do so he said something to the effect: "his friend charged a fee if I wanted to get in touch...."

Oh well! Just for everything here to know... there is no free lunch!

Freehelp,

I am sorry you feel this way and that your order took a while to get to SIngapore, not really in my control. In fact we sent the order twice ... I also gave you a considerable (about 50%) discount on your products since you told me you were a non-profit organization, I was trying to be helpful.

I really don't think it is fair to say I bit your head off is it, when I was QUITE the opposite? You are welcome to your opinion but in all fairness, I had to give my side of the story. Glad you finally got your package.

- bt
    Bellissimo Coffee InfoGroup
    American Barista & Coffee School
    Expert Coffee Business Consulting, On-site or Espresso Lab Professional Barista Training!

Crimson Cup

Like so many it seems, I am awash in research for a potential shop. These are great forums and I'm learning a great deal!

That being said...how important is using a consultant in a start-up? I am new to the business owning world, so I'm inclined to use one. Does anyone have any experience with Crimson Cup?

Can't say that I've heard of Crimson Cup, but yes it is a good idea to use a consultant
    "A Word of Difference"TM

Espresso 101 book

I'd like to offer an unbiased opinion about Espresso 101 - it contains a great deal of very useful information, especially for someone new to the industry or small business. I agree that $200 is a steep price and I was prety reluctant to shell out that amount myself. However, it is a niche market and you have to pay a premium for the information since its unlikely the writers are going to make the New York Times Best Seller list.

Overall I found the book very helpful and a few of their suggetions about lease negotiation doubltess saved me a lot more $ than the price of the book. Now if they only included a warning in 40 font at the beginning of the book that said, "NO RESTAURANT OPENS ON TIME OR WITHIN BUDGET!" Lol! We're two months late and 25k over budget despite making very realistic plans and buget assessments.

Regards,

George Worthington
    Muddy Waters Coffeebar
    1739 Maybank Hwy
    Charleston, SC 29412
    George Worthington
    Owner - Muddy Waters Coffee Bar
    1739 Maybank Highway
    Charleston, SC 29412

Hey guys, I wasn't referring to Espresso 101 - I meant to refer to the book - "Bean Business Basics" by Bruce Milletto. Sorry for the confusion, I hadn't looked at the book title in awhile.
    George Worthington
    Owner - Muddy Waters Coffee Bar
    1739 Maybank Highway
    Charleston, SC 29412

free help

I own three cafe's in new york, I am willing to give help and advice t anyone free of charge with now strings attached. you can e-mail me at:
    contact@muddycup.com
    and you can see my shops at
    [url]www.muddycup.com

sorry

I am only willing to help out people who are thinking about opening there first coffee house, thats about it and all the time I have to offer. Most of the first timers spend way more money than they have to, I opened my first one with $15,000.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links