1kilo roasters for sale

This is a discussion on 1kilo roasters for sale within the Business to Business B2B forums, part of the Community Board category; Hello, I'm looking for a used small roaster for my start up business. Nothing fancy, as my budget is tiny (miniscule even). Local to me ...

1kilo roasters for sale

Hello,

I'm looking for a used small roaster for my start up business. Nothing fancy, as my budget is tiny (miniscule even). Local to me (Southern California), if possible. I'm extremely new to this and if you have used startup equipment...I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Luis

2. # ADS

check on ebay... You can get pretty decent (not a toy) roaster for around 2600 dollars. It is Chinese made but they are proven to be a good roaster...

Is there a difference in tasted between electric and gas roasters? Which do you guys recommend?

for convenience, electric will be much easier to manage but most of the roasters only work with gas roasters.

Gas is the way to go, imo. And that's taking convenience into account. The only thing convenient about electric is being able to plug it in without having to connect to a gas line. But once you have the roaster hooked up, your roasting experience will be much more pleasant, imo.

Do you see many professional cooks working with electric ranges? There is a reason why....

thanks guys...appreciate your time.

Quote Originally Posted by eldub View Post
    Gas is the way to go, imo. And that's taking convenience into account. The only thing convenient about electric is being able to plug it in without having to connect to a gas line. But once you have the roaster hooked up, your roasting experience will be much more pleasant, imo.

Do you see many professional cooks working with electric ranges? There is a reason why....

If you are going to seriously roast, you will need to have gas roaster.... Most of the gas roaster will weigh around 200-500 pounds typically and this 1kg electric roaster will weigh around 50-75 pounds. The convenience comes when you need to move around. Go to the farmers market to roast or fair ground. That is the convenience or option you could have but if you have bigger roasters, you won't be able to. Also, 1kg roasters are cheap... cheap... cheap... lol Did i say it is cheap???

@Luis: I used to search for a small roaster like you but it seems quite expensive. For 1 kg, I think it is possible to go with electric, but again so expensive. By my side in Vietnam, almost roasters are with gas, local made is quite cheap enough to try . On the order hand, for small quantity below 1kg, why don't you try with your pan, I used to do it with 0.5kg, but it was quite smoky

I'm with you, thuy.

Imo, a professional roaster shouldn't start off with anything under a 5kg machine.

Ads