WTB: 2.5 - 5kg Roaster.

Nox

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The title says it all. I'm looking for a good quality roaster, preferably a Diedrich or Probat with a capacity of 2.5 to 5 Kilos.

Located on the West Coast of Canada.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I would go with a five kilo. You can always do smaller batches on it. 2 kilo you can only about 4 lbs per batch. I made the mistake of buying a roaster that was too small before and will never do it again. I had a 30 kilo and out grew it in a week...I personally did not like working 21 hours non stop roasting coffee.

Nox

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

I'm going to be roasting under 20lbs/week in the beginning, but as you said, that can change pretty quick. A 5kg roaster is ideal, but I'm still open to smaller roasters that are collecting dust somewhere.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Got some bad news for you...used 2 kilos are few and far between. People who buy them and upgrade to larger roasters usually do not sell them. They keep an buy another larger. If you do go with a 2 kilo I wish you luck on used. Not trying to be a negative nancy...just what I have seen over the years.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Totally in agreement with Topher.... Go with 5kg machine... I have posted some used machines few days ago... Check under coffee roaster and heading was used roasters.... Good luck

Nox

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree with both of you, I'm just being an opportunist. I would be interested in any quality roasters under $10k.