Guatemala Coffee

jcastro13

Apr 24, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
search for buyers for our Mountain Coffee and Valley Coffee. We have to offer organic and chemical coffee, we have pergamino with shell and gold without shell. If you are insterested we can ship out with paid shipping from buyer 5lbs of Mountain with shell and 5lbs Valley without shell for more info skpe jose.castro628

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Since I'm certainly not into roasting coffee myself, I had to do a search for pergamino coffee, because I had no clue what it is.

Pergamino: A final thin, crumbly skin covering wet-processed coffee beans after the coffee berries have been skinned, the pulp removed, and the beans dried.

From the Sweet Maria's website:

"After coffee is processed at the wet mill or the pulping station, it is dried in the sun. At this stage the coffee has it's outer parchment shell on it; it is called pergamino in Central America at this stage. After it is sun-dried down to 12% moisture content, the parchment coffee is rested in silos or bags for anywhere from 30-60 days. This allows the coffee to stabilize. In it's parchment shell, the dried green coffee can be stored for much longer, and is more protected from temperature and humidity changes that damage cup quality."
http://www.sweetmarias.com/RIP_Coffee_Roasting_In_Parchment/

I learn something new every day on this Coffee Forum!

Rose