100% Kona Coffee

konaloft

May 14, 2013
Kona, HI
Visit site
Hello
I am new to the forum, but just recently took over a producing Kona coffee farm in Kona, HI. I am guessing we will be doing approximately 2,000 pounds of green beans this year. I am trying to find out where I can unload that amount of product. I can roast it, or sell it as green. I am willing to break it down into 1 pound packages, or ship the entire 2,000 in one shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I do not have any contacts right now.
Mahalo!!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
First of all.. Welcome aboard.
I am sure there are many of us would like to purchase the Kona beans but always authenticity could play tricks here.
If it is too expensive, we dont' want them and if too cheap we think its fake. So double edge sword here.

Why not try to sell the the wholesale company.

I am curious, how much are selling them for per pound.

KonaCoffeeBuzz

May 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
I know that Koa Coffee, along with several other larger coffee farms have been purchasing coffee from smaller farms in order to prevent supply shortages (due to the borer beetle destroying crops). You could phone Greenwell, Koa Farms, Hula Daddy, and Hulalai Coffee Company to see if they are interested.

konaloft

May 14, 2013
Kona, HI
Visit site
Thanks for the info.
As far as authenticity goes, we're in the process of getting certified by the state's department of agriculture. However, we can't actually get the certificate until we have product, so sometime in August/September...so no problem there.

On pricing, I have seen and talked to people about everything from 17-35 per pound of green. My guess would be somewhere around 20-25 per pound of green is what we would be shooting for. If I can unload it at that price, I would be ecstatic. However, that said, I am not sure that is realistic. Any help on the pricing would be great.

Also, I don't know any wholesale companies. If you have a few names, or websites, that would be awesome!!

As far as selling to some of the bigger processors on the island, I would really like to avoid it. They pretty much nickel and dime you and turn around and take your product and mark it up. If I can eliminate the middle man, it would greatly increase my profit margin.

Mahalo.

First of all.. Welcome aboard.
I am sure there are many of us would like to purchase the Kona beans but always authenticity could play tricks here.
If it is too expensive, we dont' want them and if too cheap we think its fake. So double edge sword here.

Why not try to sell the the wholesale company.

I am curious, how much are selling them for per pound.

coffeebagchina

Nov 17, 2005
China
Visit site
can you give me a quote for EXTRA FANCY GRADE ? I would like to import into China.
My skype account victor_cyx

Hello
I am new to the forum, but just recently took over a producing Kona coffee farm in Kona, HI. I am guessing we will be doing approximately 2,000 pounds of green beans this year. I am trying to find out where I can unload that amount of product. I can roast it, or sell it as green. I am willing to break it down into 1 pound packages, or ship the entire 2,000 in one shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I do not have any contacts right now.
Mahalo!!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
There are few things for you to consider. 17-35 would be price of retail. That means whole sale price would be under 10-15 dollars a pound(thats my guess) Retail sales would be harder because there aren't many of us would need that much coffee in a year. One way to increase your profit margin would be to sell retail. Make a website, promote your farm and offer the roasted and unroasted beans.

Take a look at these sellers on Ebay.

2 100 Kona Coffee Whole Beans Grower Direct 5 00 Shipping New Harvest | eBay

10 lbs 100 Hawaiian Kona Extra Fancy Coffee Best from Hawaii Free Shipping | eBay

4 lbs Kona Extra Fancy Coffee Beans Free SHIP | eBay

If you look at those prices, your price would be difficult achieve.