thinking of starting a drive thru espresso business

nemo

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I am just starting to research items to start a drive thru espresso business. Can anyone recommend books or educational material to help with my research? Also sine I am really a novice and have a lot to learn. What are your thoughts on a barista school? Are they worth the investment?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "nemo"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website. You will find a lot of useful information here.

Do you have any experience working in a cafe or restaurant?

Are you thinking of starting an independent drive-thru business or going with a franchise?

Here are a couple of books that may be helpful. You can click on the books to take a look inside, too.

Start & Run A Coffee Bar: Marybeth Harrison, Tom Matzen: 9781770400351: Amazon.com: Books

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting And Running A Coffeebar: Linda Formichelli, W. Eric Martin, Susan Gilbert: 9781592574063: Amazon.com: Books

If you have no barista experience, a barista training school would certainly help get you up to speed and off to a good start. If you decide to go with a franchise, many of them provide assistance with business and barista training.

Rose

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Welcome aboard Nemo.

There are tons of barista schools out there and of course they are differ from one to another.
Unless you are going to roast your own beans, many of the whole sale companies have their own free barista training programs.
I would take advantage of them. They also will give you help on how to set up your shop to selecting the locations.
I would look for those reputable coffee bean whole sale company in your area. If you are near Mid-West, I do have few companies in mind.....