How to prevent overnight freezing

CoffeeCT

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
One thing I haven't considered while preparing to start my own coffee truck business is how to prevent the water lines from freezing in the espresso machine overnight. Short of paying for a heated storage facility, has anyone found an affordable way to deal with overnight freezing temperatures for coffee carts/trucks?

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Your truck should have a ship to shore plug so that you don't have to run your generator when you can plug into the grid somewhere. So where you are going to park the truck overnight you would drop a line that you can plug into and leave your equipment running.

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Your truck should have a ship to shore plug so that you don't have to run your generator when you can plug into the grid somewhere. So where you are going to park the truck overnight you would drop a line that you can plug into and leave your equipment running.

Leaving the equipment on won't keep the supply line from freezing. Either insulate if short run or put a space heater in truck. not sure how sustainable or if all your lines are in close proximity. Things people in Hawaii don't have solutions for :(

Gmbaltrusitis

Oct 22, 2013
Long Island, NY
Visit site
To keep the water line from freezing you are going to have to wrap it self-regulating electrical heater tape. I use it to insulate drain lines in walk-in freezers. It is manufactured by RayChem. Drop me a PM and we can discuss it.