Starbucks Coffee 75% off retail

Bunkhousedirect

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone my name is Kevin Blackburn my business is called Bunkhouse Direct. We specialize in brand name coffee that is outside its best by date. Best by is not expiration and we do not sell products that don't hold a fresh taste. Right now I have Colombian and Italian roast in Starbucks VIA ready brew instant packets. I drink these personally when I don't have time to grind beans for French press. Check out my site Bunkhousedirect.com

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I have a hard time believing that anyone who manages to drink instant coffee would knowingly buy it when it's past the "best by" date.

I, too, am at a loss for words. So, without any further comment....all I can say is Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

Rose

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
We specialize in brand name coffee that is outside its best by date. Best by is not expiration and we do not sell products that don't hold a fresh taste.
Uhh doesn't matter as "best by" = already stale for coffee, as does "use by", if there's no "roasted on date" it's crap commercial coffee. So expiration or not, your already drinking stale coffee regardless as Charbucks retail bags are generally 4-6+ months old stale by the time they hit retail anyway. And your selling coffee that long expired since 2011 lol. Nevermind they don't know how to roast and burn everything to the point of tasting like cigs.

Right now I have Colombian and Italian roast in Starbucks VIA ready brew instant packets.
Only thing worse then Charbucks, is instant Charbucks, and even more so is bags or instant Charbucks that's years old gag :lol:

Just stick a cigar with some cigs in water and steep, you'll get the same taste.

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
comon...guys. you all are too harsh on Kevin. Apparently he is a business man and he is doing whatever he can do to make some sort of business. I just hope that ... i am sure that he will be also posting many other interesting and educational and insightful comments or replies in other sections of coffee forums. Right Kevin? By the way, instant coffee from Starbucks???? Seriously?!!!!!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
yes, i am planning to stick around as long as i find coffeeforums interesting and educational for my mental health. However, I would like to give Kevin a benefit of doubt. Perhaps he might surprise all of us. you never know, PR.

Some of us enjoy a bit good-humored teasing when the opportunity comes up. When Kevin wrote, "We specialize in brand name coffee that is outside its best by date." (especailly since it's Starbucks coffee) some of us had to jump on it.

Oh, and when people try to SPAM the forum with constant posts about their company and their coffee, we really don't like that, and the comments tend to be a bit more harsh.

Rose

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Some of us enjoy a bit good-humored teasing when the opportunity comes up. When Kevin wrote, "We specialize in brand name coffee that is outside its best by date." (especailly since it's Starbucks coffee) some of us had to jump on it.

Oh, and when people try to SPAM the forum with constant posts about their company and their coffee, we really don't like that, and the comments tend to be a bit more harsh.

Speaking of Starbucks, i really do think that they all have really bad baristas. I will tell you why. One of my partner also works for OLAM (Outspan Guatemala S.A.) he works as cupping director who says "yes" or "no" to all the green coffees going to huge companies in USA. All Starbucks and Coffee Tea Leaves green coffee coming out of Guatemala must get his Nose & Mouth approval before it gets loaded into container. Last time, when we did cupping together (honestly speaking, I know "zero" compare to him and he is the "god" in Guatemala coffee industry), he showed me the starbucks coffee and told me that they are all pretty good coffees with high standards (from 75 to 80 points more or less). Knowing that fact, and knowing how bad their coffees are specially in this country (believe it or not, Starbucks coffee are way way way better in overseas than USA. By the way, there is a McDonalds in Antigua, Guatemala. In McDonalds, there is McCafe that sells all sort of coffee like starbucks. Antigua McCafe is as good or even better than any great specialty coffee shop in Los Angeles. NO STARBUCKS IN ANTIGUA THOUGH...), i truly believe that people who work in Starbucks does not know anything about coffee. For shits and giggles, I have been asking starbucks baristas where they had learned the skills. all 100% told me that they learned it on the job, used to be cashier, used to be stock boy, used to work at Stater Brothers.. (just two month ago !!!!) WoW. No wonder. Come to think of it, maybe I should post this in the forums. it could be an interesting subject. what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Well...that's not really fair to say. We all started some where. I learned to be a barista on the job...as I did roasting. I know a few baristas that work or have worked for Starbucks. Almost all of them learned elsewhere. They went to starbucks for the benefits. So I wouldn't say that all of them are bad...that would be a sight to see..seeing how many employees they have!