Anyone using the square for credit cards transactions?

polarlmt

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about using the square for credit cards at my drive thru coffee stand. Anybody using it? What are your thought s? Pros and con's and what kind of device are you using it on? Thank you

Last edited:

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Square, PayPal, GoPayment are all good POS CC card processors. Square was one of the first if I am not mistaken to bring that concept to the mobile masses. If you are using an iPad and use the SquareRegister layout it can definitely increase checkout efficiency for you. Best of luck

kerriannday

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I've been using it for person-to-person sales at Farmer's Markets etc. It works great and the customers are happy to have the option to pay with credit. My banker told me that Square is the most cost-effective option until your sales are more than $2000 per month with the Square and then there are other options that will end up costing you less.

nomadmobilecoffee

Jul 15, 2014
Harrisonburg, VA
Visit site
It's a piece of cake to use and convenient. You can buy them at Best Buy, Apple Store, AT&T stores for $10, which you get refunded as soon as you activate your account. And now they have the option to take payments even if you don't have service, which is really convenient (orders are queued and processed as soon as you have service again). Also, if a card won't swipe, you can enter the CC number manually.

I use square on my iPad and on my iPhone.

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been using square for the past 4 months in my coffee truck and it is great for what I need. My credit card volume isn't consistent but I would lose out on sales if I didn't have it and I know exactly how much of every transaction I'm going to pay. We use our smart phone for the transactions and don't see the need to change coming up in the foreseeable future.

Seb

Mar 18, 2014
Quebec/Canada
Visit site
I also use Sqare with my iPhone/iPad and simply love it. I have the Square register app on my iPad with all my products configured already with pricing, discount, etc and it is very easy and professional to use.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Yes. Just as a payment portal in conjunction with our POS.
It saves us $300-$500 per month over our previous 2 different processors.

I highly recommend it if you do less than a million per year.