Breakdown of costs

HeritageWraith

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I am creating a business plan in the next month. I would like to get the breakdown cost of a espresso shot, flavor shot, milk, cup cost, etc. I also would like to find out average amount of coffees sold in an hour and to what sizes are most common. I was recently taking a college course on business management and found a breakdown of this. However, the information was from 2009. Can someone please assist me with this or send me some useful websites. I am wanting to open a few espresso shops in the next year. I am looking to really get as close as I can to cost and profits as I can. Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate it.

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
Welcome to the boards.

The information you request most people keep close to their chest. As well that information can very you can buy espresso that is $.10 per shot to $.55 and shot. It all depends on your planned customer base and their wants.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
HW,

If you want to start and run a business, you need to be smart enough to extrapolate numbers on your own. Get various espresso samples from throughout the country shipped to you to test and to price for COGS, test all available milk locally and price that out too. It's really not that hard, and if you are serious about doing it, you'd have a commercial grade grinder and a high end prosumer espresso machine and be pulling shots daily. Otherwise, you're just plain lazy.

Get to work! It'll be fun!!

HeritageWraith

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Slurp and John for your feedback. I truly appreciate it. I wish that I could find that information I saw on the college computer. They have since deleted all files. Thank you again.