I want to start a business focus in distributing coffee to shops and business/offices

itsmycoffee

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I am still doing my research for now and I still have no target date to start. Basically, I want to a be coffee distributor to sell to coffee shops, restaurants, offices/business. I am currently looking for coffee company that offers wholesale pricing to small start up like me. I am from San Diego, California so if possible I want my supplier closer. if not, I will also consider you if the prices are much better.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
my first thought is this is going to be a tough sell
Most coffee shops that don't roast their own coffee have a very close relationship with a roaster and the margins are slim enough that they probably aren't going to be interested in paying you on top of the roaster. Having said that there might be a niche out there that you can fill that would include distributing coffee focusing more upon small to medium size business offices but a lot would depend upon the existing market and the roasters that have already developed those contacts (or missed them and left them for you).
Have you started making contacts and asking the question, "What need do you have related to coffee that would be worth it to you to pay someone else to do?"
Maybe it's delivering syrups, cups, etc. to small shops that allow the owner/operator to not have to run to the warehouse store and don't have enough business to warrant an account with a delivery service. I don't know what you will find, but as a small operator I'm sorry but I can't see how you would add value to my business.
Sorry for the downer but hate to see folks go to far down a road that doesn't seem to have a good outcome. Just my opinion of course but good luck.

dyahwibisono

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello there! I'm currently new in this forum and i'm a coffee supplier from Indonesia but soon i will based in London. If i might ask you. what kind of beans is your specialities ? or there's no specific beans that you would like distribute. Maybe we both can help each other. :) I'm still learning about the coffee market there in US. In terms of The US coffee lovers character of beans they love, etc etc. Currently i'm trying to emerge with a friend of mine who lives in Dallas, he's a coffee distributor as well. It will be great if we can share our opinions or if you want to know more about any other coffee beans knowledge (specially from indonesia) . Cheers!

erecafe

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I want to start a distribution by coffee eCommerce in Canada, i have the certified coffee, and the product. I am part of a small coffee growers association, and we are thinking to expand the product. It is a organic coffee from the mountains in Oaxaca Mexico, really nice quality. I have been doing research about the laws to import, but obviously the principal point its to know where to sell it. Can anyone of you advise me??

Hos

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,

In case you need robusta coffee beans with the good quality, please contact me. Our coffee product directly from Lampung province Indonesia.

Thanks and regards,

Calvin

Mar 12, 2015
New York city
Visit site
Starting a business that focuses on distributing coffee

I am still doing my research for now and I still have no target date to start. Basically, I want to a be coffee distributor to sell to coffee shops, restaurants, offices/business. I am currently looking for coffee company that offers wholesale pricing to small start up like me. I am from San Diego, California so if possible I want my supplier closer. if not, I will also consider you if the prices are much better.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

It's my coffee,
I am familiar with a business that focuses on distributing coffee to businesses and offices.