Used 5kg roaster wanted

Horry

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have been using a counter top roaster and it seems a time for me to upgrade.

Any roaster around the captioned size is welcomed

I am located in Hong Kong.

Thanks,
Horry

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
upgrade from counter top to 5kg?
are you in roasting coffee business? or just roast at home for personal use?
if you ask me, it will be better to buy a new one from China factory. if you buy a used one (specially 5kg which is very big), the freight will kill you.

Horry

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi ensoluna,

I am running roasting business so that's why I need a larger roaster.

Since it is for business, we want something traditional with proven track record :)

We are currently roasting with a Diedrich IR2.5

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
are you posting this from Hong Kong? now it is 1:45 am in Hong Kong. :decaf:
I guess you drank too much of your coffee ha ha ha

anyway, then, you came to right place. I am a green coffee bean exporter from Guatemala, so I have no idea about "reputable" roasting machines, but there are a lot of people here who might be able to help you.
good luck.

by the way, I will be in Hong Kong from June 11 to 13, staying at Charterhouse causeway bay, right next to the Time Square.
also, have you tried 18grams and coffee academics in hong kong island?
right by my hotel, new Coffee Academics just opened up (i think it is their second or third store in Hong Kong Island) and I can not wait to try it during my next trip.

Horry

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi ensoluna,

I am now staying in NYC for few months so that's why I ask.

Great, if you don't mind going a bit further down to Kowloon side, my roaster is called Urban Coffee Roaster

And it would be great if you lemme know what are you offering from Guatemala at the moment (maybe pm me?)

Thanks,
Horry

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
no wonder. from NYC. Manhattan... Just for fun coffee trivia question... in Manhattan, it has 14,694 acres of land. that means you can plant 14,694 x 2,000 coffee trees = 29,388,000 coffee trees in the city... ha ha ha. sorry. this came from my posting couple of days back...

my email is [email protected]
anyway, I will PM you now. Harvest is over, so not so much to offer at this time.
thanks Horry. (one of my favorite basketball player names / Lakers. mmmmmm it is going to be long time for them to get back to winning form)