A Coffee in capsule company from colombia to the U.S

kcupwithyourname

Oct 28, 2015
Florida
Visit site
Hi, I would like to offer coffee in capsules (kcup/nespresso) , we are a company from Colombia that specializes in the coffee in capsules business, we sell 100% colombian coffee, graded 83 SCAA, if you already have a business and would like to have your own kcup with your name or start a new one in the coffee capsule business we can help you, our goal is to help each other grow. This is a great opportunity for this growing industry.

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
i have a question for you.
if your coffee in Colombia is 83 point SCAA which is very solid commercial grade espresso blend coffee, why would you like to ruin the entire coffee by trying to squeeze that into a K cup which is glorified version of instant coffee?

I am certain that you can make whole lot more money by selling your 83 point Colombian coffee to overseas coffee importers who can pay and appreciate the coffee quality than making it into K-cup.

that is if your Colombian coffee is really 83 point SCAA.
just curious to know.

kcupwithyourname

Oct 28, 2015
Florida
Visit site
ensulana, thanks for reading my post, your question sounds more like an opinion than a question, how can a 83 coffee get ruin if you put the right amount of coffee and the right amount of water? what your are saying is that keuring, nespresso or lavazza and many others can't sell great coffee in their machines? and yes really, my coffee is graded 83 if we do business I will show you the summary, Im a serious individual that have no time or need to make things up, if you think that we can do business together let me know.
I have 2 question for you:
1. Explain the comparison that you make between colombian 100% colombian coffee graded 83 with espresso BLEND coffee?
2. How can the coffee get ruin by putting it in a cup with the right amount of water and coffee?

Thanks.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
here is my answers to your questions

1. Explain the comparison that you make between colombian 100% colombian coffee graded 83 with espresso BLEND coffee?

I do not 100% understand this question because you said " between colombian 100% colombian coffee graded 83 with espresso blend coffee".. perhaps you meant to say "between 100% colombian coffee AND colombian coffee with 83 grade for using as espresso blend"?

any types and any quality coffee that comes from colombia will be called 100% colombian coffee, it could be real bad coffee or really good ones as long as the coffee is from the country.

Any coffee from any country in the world that is 85 SCAA and up will be called SPECIALTY COFFEE and probably better not to be used as espresso blend, not because it is not suitable but because you can get a lot more money by selling as Specialty coffee, SOC (single origin), MicroLot. And in order to buy coffees with 85 and up will cost hell lot more (70% more and up than regular espresso blend)

Most of people uses Indonesia or Brazil "lower priced" Arabica or sometimes Robusta for espresso blend. sometimes, you can not even get the SCAA rating due to low coffee quality.

However, some high end coffee customers look for espresso blend Arabica coffee between 82 to 84 which is a lot more expensive than regular espresso blend coffee. In Guatemala coffee business case, when customers want regular espresso blend, the SCAA rating will be between 77 to 79 only, as long as they are clean high altitude arabica beans, they are happy and the only concern for them is getting the best pricing as possible.

to give you example, 79 normal arabica bean pricing will be under $2.00 per pound. for 84, it will cost them $2.20 to $2.30 in current market price. when you think about one 20' container has 41,250 lbs of coffee, that will be huge difference in buying pricing.

2. How can the coffee get ruin by putting it in a cup with the right amount of water and coffee?
there has been so many postings and discussion about this matter, so you can just research it in this forum. there is search engine on top right side. please read and decide for yourself.

thanks

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
kcupwithyourname;8385 2. How can the coffee get ruin by putting it in a cup with the right amount of water and coffee? Thanks.[/QUOTE said:
if you put right amount of water into right amount of instant coffee, it will still be shitty coffee.
if you put right amount of water into right amount of old, stale ground coffee, it will still be shitty coffee.
if you put right amount of water into right amount of K-cup coffee, it will still be shitty coffee....etc

here comes the RULE OF 15. I mentioned it before, but perhaps worth mentioning it again.

Green Coffee : good for 15 month max (only if it was stored in climate controlled warehouse and I am assuming it is clean and defective free coffee to begin with)
Roasted coffee : good for 15 days (well actually 15 days are really max. I think that you will lose about 20% to 30% of quality when it gets to 15 days)
Ground coffee : good for 15 'MINUTES". (not hours, minutes). here is one good testing you can do. it is simple and effective.

Buy very fresh roasted good coffee.
then, grind it and leave it for a day.
then grind it another batch 24 hours later on.
now you have two ground coffee, one with 24 hours and one with less than 15 min.

PUT YOUR NOSE INTO THE GROUND COFFEE CUP AND SMELL IT.
You should be able to tell immediately which one is 1000% fresher and better.

that is the exact reason when we "cup" for coffee ratings, we grind them and "cup" immediately, not after few hours later on.