Joper BSR15 For Sale

kirke33

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I am currently selling my 2014 Joper BSR15 manual roaster. It is a 15K cast iron machine with 1750 hours on it. 3 Phase, Natural Gas with 140,000 BTU burners. It is being replaced with the BPR15 profiling unit. Will provide more detailed information as requested. For those who are not familiar with Joper, their workmanship and attention to detail in how they solve problems is exceptional. These are very durable and finely crafted machines that will outlive my roasting life. $28,000.

JKyle

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
I am currently selling my 2014 Joper BSR15 manual roaster. It is a 15K cast iron machine with 1750 hours on it. 3 Phase, Natural Gas with 140,000 BTU burners. It is being replaced with the BPR15 profiling unit. Will provide more detailed information as requested. For those who are not familiar with Joper, their workmanship and attention to detail in how they solve problems is exceptional. These are very durable and finely crafted machines that will outlive my roasting life. $28,000.

Undoubtedly one of the very finest roasters made anywhere in in the world today. I'll bet you hate to part with it. Given the lead time required on Joper's production schedule, I doubt that you'll have any trouble selling such a slightly used roaster. Always wanted one. Can one this large be converted to liquid propane? If so, then how challenging is that conversion? Appreciate your time answering my question.

LaTerza

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
They seem like great roasters from what I saw at the 2017 Expo in Seattle. I did just get a quote from them for a mew 2017 BSR15 for 24k Euros (27,000 USD) so not sure how likely you are to get $28,000 for it.

kirke33

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe now is the time for you to buy. Yes this is a great machine and Joper is an outstanding company with quite a history. They've been building roasters since 1962 in Portugal and apparently provided cast components to Probat in days past. They've continued to manufacture cast iron machines when others took to less expensive alternatives. I took about 2 years to research the market when my Diedrich IR12 looked like it was in need of replacement and I do believe that it has paid off handsomely. I would prefer to keep the roaster if possible but don't anticipate increasing my capacity anytime too soon. The profiling unit which I'm replacing this with gives me greater flexibility for bringing on a less experienced roaster but the time spent on this manual model was well worth it in getting to know how different cast iron components and a Joper in general performs. I have spoken with Joao Paulo (managing director and grandson of the originator of Joper) about the conversion process to LPG and it is rather straight forward and not expensive. It is a matter of changing out the jets on the burner units. I believe there are 20 or so but can confirm again with him if need be. Hopefully this gives you a better picture of what Joper is up to but there are many attributes which I haven't mentioned but could go into greater detail should you be interested further.

kirke33

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes they are great machines. I would suspect that they didn't include the freight, duties, and documentation in that quote. That can add 10 to 15% to your cost and the Euro does fluctuate somewhat. Did you get an idea as to the time frame for delivery? They have typically been in the vacinity of 16 weeks lead time. What type of roaster are you currently using?