New Website CoffeeRoastersClub.com - Please critically review

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Hello. I just got done moving our website CoffeeRoastersClub.com to the super fast shopify platform and did a complete redo of the design.

I am looking for critical reviews. I need the good, the bad, and the ugly. Please let me know what you think by replying to the message or you can leave your response by Clicking Here.

Thanks. And on another note we are on our 15th year in business! How time flies!

Best regards,
Len
www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
H I Len,

I took a quick peek at your new website. It is such an improvement over your old one. It is easy to navigate and explore the different features. I like being able to see so many clear and large photos of the variety of roasters that you offer.

When I look at websites, I always look at the bottom of the home page to see if there is a link to a sitemap. I was very pleased to see that you have one there. It's amazing how handy a sitemap is when you can't find something on a website.

I also like seeing the timer at the top of the page that tells when the current sale will be over.

I'm sure a lot of time and effort went into setting up your new website. I don't see anything that I would change... but I'll look again later, just in case I missed something. ;-)

Good job!

~ Rose

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Thanks Rose for the comments. I was on a wordpress server for a long time. The system was too slow. I finally made the decision to switch to the Shopify server network and wow what a speed increase. Furthermore they have so many options available for plugins AND the plugins do not slow down your site.

Len

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
You need better pictures. Flash or light reflection in some. "Prettier" pictures would sell better. Framing isn't quite right, lighting is iffy. It's not always easy, but it's necessary to get it right.

I'm pretty geeky when it comes to coffee and I think well-built coffee roasters for home users are awesome, especially since you stand behind what you do... BUT the pictures need to be reflective of the quality work you put into the machines. Either hire a good photography student or pro ... or take several hundred pics and a few should be fantastic. Visuals matter.

Otherwise, good work.

Best,

John

Hello. I just got done moving our website CoffeeRoastersClub.com to the super fast shopify platform and did a complete redo of the design.

I am looking for critical reviews. I need the good, the bad, and the ugly. Please let me know what you think by replying to the message or you can leave your response by Clicking Here.

Thanks. And on another note we are on our 15th year in business! How time flies!

Best regards,
Len
www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Thanks for the input John. The pictures of the big roasters need to be redone, I agree. I have to find a good area to take them in. My workshop has too much tools and other stuff laying around that always ends up in the pictures.

Hi Len,
It´s an interesting shop with some very nice products.
I agree with the comments above about the quality of the pictures. BUT also make sure that the product pictures have the same dimensions in pixels, otherwise the catalog is going to look a bit messy because the products are not on the same horizontal line. I hope it makes sense. Best of luck J
Best regards
Stefan Hansen