Espresso 101 Written Test

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
Hi All,

For any of you who own Espresso 101 training dvd or video and would like your own PDF files of the test, answer key, etc. Send me an email or PM and I can get these to you. This way you can print from them.

Thought this might be helpful,

- bt

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Do you guys time your shots yet? I can't remember the 2 guys who started bellisimo but they came out to Largo Florida around 8 or 9 years ago to film a video....He re-set my grind to pull a 40 second shot...I told him to put it back...he said that time had nothing to do with it and that the shot would be fine...umm....it wasn't....way over extracted....it was for a filming of a monin commercial....oh well just wondering

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
Hi TOpher,

The two people who started Bellissimo were Bruce Milletto and Ed Arvidson. I can assure you that neither would approve or recommend a 40 second shot extraction. If they adjusted your grind it may have had something to do with humidity, your espresso, etc. By all means be your own judge and feel free to pull them how you like them :)

In the video and in training our shot extraction times taught are 25-30 seconds, often depending on the espresso. We also teach that there are many factors beyond the extraction time that are very important too.

9 years ago, been a while ... hope your operation is doing well for you.

- bt

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey BT...Yeah send me a copy of that. I had Barista 101 years ago, but have since lost the test portion of the package. And Topher...what the hell why not pull shots for at least 1 minute... :twisted: Who knows we might come up with something new :D After all if Star Bucks can come up with aged Sumatra...we can come up with the true long shot :wink:

pwright

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if you were still offering the PDF files of the Espresso 101 test and answer key. I would like the opportunity to print them. If you could email me at paige.wright@hotmail thanks!

ilikejava

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
please! asap :)

I am in desperate need of answers! lost mine, and of course I keep playing the hiring game. my FB is Java Moon Sheridan wy
let me know if you need anything else? you da bomb! i'll buy you a cup o jo :)

Hi All,

For any of you who own Espresso 101 training dvd or video and would like your own PDF files of the test, answer key, etc. Send me an email or PM and I can get these to you. This way you can print from them.

Thought this might be helpful,

- bt