Your Coffee Recipe

twobeans

Jun 1, 2006
South Florida
Visit site
I recently completed a book about coffee and received a contract from a publisher. The first section of my book looks at a brief history of the bean, as well as different brewing techniques. The second section is a recipe book. I could go online and download recipes; however I want to personalize my work. My thought (which my publisher loves) is to gather personal recipes- this would make the book unique. I want fellow coffee fans to send me their recipes. If selected, your recipe, name, city, and country will be published. Coffee lovers unite! Hot & cold regular brewed drinks, hot and cold espresso based drinks, entrees and desserts. When selected, you will be informed by return e-mail. Our goal is to have the book available in bookstores and at online retailers by Christmas. You will receive a follow up e-mail a week prior to release. Submit your favorite recipe to [email protected] Cut off date is July 1/ 06 or when I have collected enough recipes.

buck100

Aug 25, 2005
Fort Lauderdale
Visit site
Here is one I hope you do not already have since I noticed you are located in South Florida:

Cafe au Laite or Cafe con Leche
1 cup strong dark roast gourmet coffee or espresso
1 cup hot milk

No, Starbucks was not the first to serve a Laite in the U.S. in the 1980's. Cubans have been serving cafe con leche

twobeans

Jun 1, 2006
South Florida
Visit site
Buck- thanks for the recipe...I worked in the coffee industry for many years and have actually made a traditional cafe au lait this way with unfrothed steamed milk. Do you want me to post your name and website with this recipe?

madamegooseberry

Jun 5, 2006
Midwest
Visit site
This is a good on-ice coffee drink.

"MONKEY FUNK"
One large mocha latte
2 shots banana syrup

Molly In MO <hoping to start a coffee shop in the next year>
Coffee is a vegetable juice. It comes from a bean.