Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How to import coffee?

This is a discussion on How to import coffee? within the Business to Business B2B forums, part of the Community Board category; Hi everyone, First and foremost, I thank you all for always giving me great feed backs on the topics that I've been posting on this ...

How to import coffee?

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, I thank you all for always giving me great feed backs on the topics that I've been posting on this forum.
    The question that I am about to ask is how do you import coffee from Central America? I have a friend in Honduras who has a coffee plantation and has dreams of selling his product in the US. How do I help him?
    cafedeoro

2. # ADS

looking for demand

I also meet the same problem We have a huge coffee plantation in Asian, and there is truly superior arabica coffee bean, we plant, process and sale raw/roasted coffee and soluble coffee. Now, I am looking for demand for our product from all over the world.

Super Moderator

importing

I think most growers, distributors have a warehouse or hire one to store their coffee and distribute in the states. I do know of one grower that has service trips where volunteers visit his farm and he sends back coffee with them and then has someone in the states to distribute it.
    Jim Lyon
    Jim's Coffee Beans
    relax and roast some beans

Difficulty gathering information - Coffee Imports

Hi all,

I have been having trouble trying to get information on importing coffee to the US from Africa ............... i don''t know where to start! My wife and I would like to leave our current jobs over the next 1-3 years and get into the coffee business.

We are interested in delving into a kind of \"intergrated\" approach, I have contacts in Africa who would like to have a \"trusted\" agent who can assist them in importing coffee but where would I start? Who would I sell the coffee to?

The second business is starting a coffee shop that we hope will develop into a chain, there is a lot of information on this and I believe we will see a consultant as soon as we complete our business plan.

We are of very modest means, my wife is an educator and I have been in a mid level manager in the retail industry. What advice do you have for someone like myself.

Re: How to import coffee?

Hi,

I posted a simple piece describing the process of importing coffee into the U.S. on our customs broker blog. I hope its useful, please let me know if you have any questions.

http://customshq.com/importing-food/...import-coffee/

Thanks,

Ryan Petersen

I've never export coffee to the U.S. but we are exporting to Japan roasted coffee beans with demanded quality for japanese market.

Hebe are you still looking for people to buy your arabica coffe beans? I am looking to import roasted coffee beans, I am new to this.

Exclamation interested in importing roasted coffee beans

Hi everyone, I am looking to import roasted coffee beans to the US, I am primarily interested in central america, but also keeping all options open. We are just getting started and have a lack of information on how to even get started importing and selling in the US, so any help would be a great help! Thank you in advance!

You must be new if you are looking to import roasted beans and referencing a post from 2007 in the process.

Coffee has a short lifespan after being roasted. Is there any reason why you can't buy beans freshly roasted in your country/state/city?

Hello sweetsharon75, we actually import green coffee from Colombia, as eldub stated roasted coffee has a shorter lifespan which makes it difficult to transport and store. We bring green beans for roasters so they sell fresh roasted coffee to their clients. If you are interested in bringing top quality green coffee beans to sell, we might be able to assist you with the importing. Let us know!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ads