Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My POS

VitalLink POS is who I bought. I've heard of SelbySoft being used sometimes but have seen first hand their customer service leaves something to be desired.

VitalLink has outstanding customer service and training.

http://www.vitallinkpos.com/VitalLinkOrderEntry.html

~B

We use QB POS along with QB PRo.
    It mostly works well for us, but it crashed ALL OF THE TIME in the beginning. Everytime we added a new product in the database, the POS would crash on us sometime in the next 10 hours. It is not a big deal to reboot, but sometimes it would pop up a screen that said we have exceeded our # of software licenses and would not open. That made us crazy. QB POS online help completely ignored all of the emails I sent them, and also did not return any of my calls. I finally figured out that if you go into the CONTROL PANEL > ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS > SERVICES there are various background applications that run to support QBPOS and QB. Some of those background applications randomly turn themselves off. After some three hour sessions of rebooting computers over and over and over and over again, I finally found out that these problems could be fixed in a matter of a couple of minutes in the Services section. Any service that relates to QB or QBPOS should be restarted and it would fix the problems. Some of the services would actually switch themselves to Disables, and you would have to enable then restart them.

I strongly believe that Intuit intentionally puts faults in their software to force you to use their customer service (which costs money after a certain amout of time has gone by). If you are tech savvy enough, you can keep these programs running on your own, but it can be very frustrating.

We spent $1500+ on them and are stuck with them... They work fine once you figure out how to coax them into working...

Good luck,
    JD

JD: Yikes! I think I would have broken the thing by now.

I have looked into a few POS and at this point, I think Coffee Shop Manager seems to meet our needs. I also like that I have called and emailed at least a hundred different questions and they are always helpful. I know another coffee place in Jersey has CSM and they said that there were a few bugs but they were worked out quickly. I like that the price is on the website and it includes tax and shipping and 90% of the hardware and credit card processing equipment needed. What's not included is stuff like a plain paper/report printer, virus protection, firewall, UPS, etc.
    AJPratt
    Pratt's Hill of Beans

"Don't laugh at the coffee. Someday you may be old and weak, too."

CB

Question for bluenote

Does this POS support Gift cards and Loyalty cards?
    What can we expect the cost to be?

Thanks
    CB

coffee shop manager, for just software is $2,700. Pretty crazy, it isnt that nice.

We use Point of Success POS

We like it a lot. It's fairly inexpensive and works great. You can grow with it too. We've added some functions, scheduler, time clock, etc. and have a 5 user system with a kitchen printer too. They have a gift card program and support tips with credit cards through Mercury Payment Systems (whom we also like. I've really hated a few other credit card processors.

We use RetailICE. It was designed for retail/clothing stores but has worked well for us. They have gift/loyalty card and the cc processor is easy to use. Also the software is free for one system.
    Thank you,
    Tom

Queen City Coffee

After a bunch or research I've decided to use a Samsung (Sam4S) ER-5200M cash register for around $500. 117 programmable keys. It has an available integrated card reader but it's rather expensive.

Restaurant Pro Express

Check out restaurant pro express made by PC America. I opened about 3 weeks ago and have loved this system. It was very inexpensive and customizable. You can buy an entire system at hcditrading.com; computer, touch screen or regular monitor, cc swipe, receipt printer... everything for a very good price. I would HIGHLY recommend before buying a regular cash register.

By the way, they have a free download at pcamerica.com, if you want to try before you buy. I think I paid a little over 2k for two terminals (including everything I needed) and tech support for 90 days.

I've been doing POS, large and small, for twenty year. To me the very best is Microsoft RMS, hands down. You can customize it and it is infinitely scalable. This is not an ad.
    -Jerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links