caffe d'bolla online store

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
John,

I bet it's a relief to finally get your on-line store up and running. You have quite an interesting site with lots of things to read and explore.

I like the way you let your visitors know that you're site may have a few bugs and that you're still doing some tweaking. It's good to let them know, so they won't be surprised if something doesn't work right.

I also like the quote at the bottom of your page:

The Barista Says:
"Passion, exploration, and execution. You need all three to succeed."

How true it is.

Rose

Carmine Domenaco

Oct 10, 2007
Visit site
The site is nice in terms of presentation.

A few comments and questions:

Good copy, well done and informative without going too far. Often times you either see too much copy or not enough, it is rare to see a balance.

How will you handle customers ordering more than 5 pounds as I see your shipping has a limited parameter? (Under 1 lb $5.50 2-5 lbs $9.85) While I understand freshness issues might be at the front of your mind, often times customers will order for home, office gifts and with friends to save money on shipping.

Can't you ship 5 pounds in a USPS flat rate box for $8.95? You get the boxes for free and charging $9.85 might seem a bit odd to some customers.

Bill Laine

Jan 5, 2008
New Orleans
Visit site
Nice site. Good colors and visuals. I particularly liked the video.

One (very) small thing that bugged me a little: When I opened your site I couldn't tell right away what you do. Mail order beans? Coffee house? In-house roaster? The information is there but it took a little looking.

Also: I appreciate that you want to make your address fit a space but SLC, UT is a little cryptic. Another first thing I am interested in when I see an interesting site like yours - Is this some place I might be able to visit sometime? Where are they?

I hope your place is a big, satisfying, success.