PR: Pre-orders being accepted for the Hawaii Coffee Book

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Colleague and coffee scientist Shawn Steiman has published the first book dedicated the coffees of Hawaii. Copies of the Hawaii Coffee Book can be pre-ordered now directly from Watermark Publishing and will soon be available from Amazon.com or a bookstore near you. Advance promotional copies are already in the mail, so regular orders (including mine) should be shipping soon.

From the publisher:

The Hawaiian Islands are known worldwide for gourmet coffee from the Kona Coast, but real aficionados know that in Hawai‘i, Kona coffee is only the beginning. The only place in the United States growing coffee as a commercial crop, the Aloha State hosts a thriving industry encompassing 11 major regions on five islands—producing more than seven million pounds of coffee last year valued at over $30 million. The Hawai‘i Coffee Book: A Gourmet’s Guide from Kona to Kaua‘i is the first-ever comprehensive overview of the Islands’ most recognizable and highly coveted product.

Books about coffee make great gifts for CoffeeForums members or others in the industry -- and, be sure to contact the publisher for wholesale ordering information to sell the Hawaii Coffee Book at your coffee shop or farm visitor center.

For those attending the Hawaii Coffee Association conference & Coffee Fest Hawaii, June 6-8 in Waikoloa, Shawn will be opening the conference with his talk, "the Myths About Coffee," and also signing copies of the book throughout the weekend.