Throwing in the towel.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "tarborolife"

I was sorry to hear that you're selling your cafe. It sounds like you had a lot of negative things pulling you down, which would make most people want to jump off the nearest bridge instead of just throwing in the towel and moving on!

Geez...I just saw your ad on E-Bay. Are you selling all that stuff for $20,000????

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to tell us that you're moving on. Sometimes we wonder what happened to the folks who suddenly disappear from the forum.

Best wishes, and good luck in your future endeavors.

Rose

Tophie2

Jul 6, 2008
St Augustine Fl
Visit site
Man oh man, I am this freaking close to throwing in the towel. What I thought was a great idea has turned out to be a financial nitemare. I have $941.62 IN THE BANK AND 500,000 IN DEBT. I wish I never made this very very ignorant mistake so I feel ya . I don't know WTF to do. Best of luck,godspeed.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Tophie2,

Geez....that's a freaking bummer! I was hoping things would start to go well for you as time went on. You've only been open since October.

I wish I had tons of money, because I'd help you guys out if I did. Someone else won the mega milions lottery yesterday, and now my losing tickets are in the trash.

I hate it when I hear that someone's dream has turned into a nightmare.

Let's hope that someone in this forum will have some suggestions about how you can hang in there until things get better.

Rose

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
I would strongly recommend having a professional business broker handle your sale. I understand it is a difficult time, but you will come out better if you let a professional handle it.

I'd pull the ad immediately.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
I recently read that 60% of restaurants go under within their first three years in business, which is greater than the 50% that go under within the first five.

So basically, something happens over time, that works itself out. Be it word of mouth, or just better financial management, it's good to hang in there for as long as you can.

The economy is slowly improving. I own a small food service business and sales are actually up this year, from last.

Don't be afraid to put your kids to work, either! I'm seeing more and more, that parents are apathetic to their kids coming home from school and playing video games the rest of the day. Sad, but true. Making good grades in school is not enough. Work ethic and versatility is also important. I was cleaning toilets and dumping trash cans, for the family janitorial business, from the age of 11. I'm sure many of you have a similar story. You can make it fun for them too, be creative.