COFFEE-TRADER WANTED (for decaffeinated coffee)

ipo

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
@ all

Folgers will close their decaf-plant! In the near future Folgers will produce decaf coffee in Germany. But in Germany you can't get natural ethylacetat (EA)!!! So Folgers has to change the advertisment strategie.

I have the possibility to sell decaf coffee from southamerica - decaffeinated with natural EA (fermentation) - and I'm looking for interested coffee-traders and roasters to sell this coffee in the US.

If anyone is interestet in this business please send me a message.

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 14, 2010
Coffee Country, USA
Visit site
IPO, any idea when this is supposed to happen (ie, plant closing).

I've travelled to Central America (Costa Rica) and can say that their coffee beans are 2nd to none!

ipo

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

I think in 2012 (may be earlier) possibly sooner if the expansion of the decaf-plant in germany is complete.

I've travelled to Central America (Costa Rica) and can say that their coffee beans are 2nd to none!

I agree! I'm talking about colombian coffee. you can get only the service (decafeination) or you can buy colombian decafeinated coffee. whatever you like!

k5pmgr7

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Don’t waste your time. The EA plant is owned partially by the company that is selling toFolgers NOW.

I’ve been watching the imports to Folgers climb monthlysince last November.

The decaf business is a hard business to crack.

Swiss Water is making a greener bean they claim is due tolower water temperatures during extraction. I know that that is false and with the right mixture of compounds thegreen is washed off the beans revealing brown beans.

The best process is still the MC for the coffee flavor andthat process recovers the caffeine.

The SWP burns the caffeine into the atmosphere and they areproud of that fact. With a littleresearch you can find how caffeine is manufactures synthetically. All I can say without taking two pages to describea very complicated process, is the byproducts of the process are quite nastyand abundant.

That is why BASF moved the caffeine manufacturing to Chinafrom Germany. Environment? What about the Environment…?

You got is, China is not too worried about corporate pollution. OK maybe during the Olympic Games, but therest of the time… Environment? Whatabout the Environment…?

So in summary, Swiss Water paints their beans and burns the caffeine. Just another example on how Organic is notalways Eco-friendly.

Last edited:

ipo

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Don’t waste your time. The EA plant is owned partially by the company that is selling toFolgers NOW.

The company that produces the decaf coffee for Folgers sold their shares of the EA plant in Colombia!!!

The decaf business is a hard business to crack.

That's right! I have worked in that business for over 10 years.

The SWP burns the caffeine into the atmosphere and they areproud of that fact. With a littleresearch you can find how caffeine is manufactures synthetically. All I can say without taking two pages to describea very complicated process, is the byproducts of the process are quite nastyand abundant.

Do you mean synthetic caffeine? the raffination of natural caffeine isn't complicated. You only need time and a good process control system. byproducts --> nasty and abundant??? I don't agree!