Coffee Cabana NOT Certified South Carolina

BBnuft76

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure who else to tell except others involved in drinking coffee.

For those active among the Carolinas, perhaps you've noticed how important purchasing local products and supporting the S.C. Certified program is. Others who live across the U.S., I'm sure your communities try to support your local business as well.

Here's the catch- I've noticed that there is a company posing to be a S.C. Certified company, but they're from N.C.! How shameful. To false advertise to accounts, business owners, and the public about this certification is not right, and harmful to other local companies. Coffee Cabana Brazil is NOT S.C. Certified, but is a company from Western N.C. providing false information to buyers, and stealing customers from S.C. Work your efforts in NC, sell in SC too, but don't give false information to us.

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "BBnuft76"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums!

I took a look at Coffee Cabana Brazil 's website, and on the contact page they say they're located in North Carolina. Contact Us | Coffee Cabana Brazil

I couldn't find anything about any type of certification on their website. Where are you getting your information from?

Perhaps some of the other members of this forum may be familiar with the Carolina's and their certificatons, and maybe they will be able to reply to your concerns.

Rose

BBnuft76

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi "PinkRose"
Thank you for your response. I came across an image on one of their social networking sites that displays a photo of them using the CSC stickers on their coffee urns and marketing materials. I have tried to post this, but cannot seem to post an image (for one reason or another). If I can get this to work, I will attach image.
Thanks!

coffeecabana

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Coffee Cabana here! We are so sorry for the misunderstanding and hope to clear it up for you and our loyal customers. We are indeed SC certified. If you go to the SC Certified website you can find we are on the website and you can also find information regarding the criteria for being a SC certified product. Coffee Cabana is registered in SC with our headquarters in Chapin, SC. If you have any questions please feel free to call us as we would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

All our best,

Coffee Cabana

From the SC certified SC website:

“In addition, Specialty agricultural food businesses located in South Carolina may have an exclusive recipe manufactured in another state, under the South Carolina address and company label, and be eligible for membership in the program”

WillClmb

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

My partner came across this same company in the past when researching coffees to bring into our South Carolina cafe and was told back in 2012 that they were not. This same information had been brought to our attention. The Department of Agriculture responded:

I looked in our data-base and Coffee Cabana Brazil is not one of our Certified SC members. They do not have permission to use the Certified SC product logo.

Permission for use of this Federally Trademarked material is granted solely by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture. A signed licensing agreement or approved application must be on file with the Department of Agriculture prior to use of any of these trademarked logos or slogans. Any unapproved use of these materials can result in liability under Federal Trademark Laws.

Please feel free to share this information with others.
Certified SC Grown, Program Coordinator
South Carolina Department of Agriculture
Saw the reply above, as they must be certified now.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
This response was posted in February of this year. Maybe they weren't certified back in 2012, but it it looks like they are now.

Hello, Coffee Cabana here! We are so sorry for the misunderstanding and hope to clear it up for you and our loyal customers. We are indeed SC certified. If you go to the SC Certified website you can find we are on the website and you can also find information regarding the criteria for being a SC certified product. Coffee Cabana is registered in SC with our headquarters in Chapin, SC. If you have any questions please feel free to call us as we would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

All our best,

Coffee Cabana

From the SC certified SC website:

“In addition, Specialty agricultural food businesses located in South Carolina may have an exclusive recipe manufactured in another state, under the South Carolina address and company label, and be eligible for membership in the program”

WillClmb

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Also noted in my above comment: Saw the reply above, as they must be certified now. Responding to BBnuft that we too came across this a while back, though it looks all is clear now.