Looking for user manual and training on Thermoplan Black/White CTS espresso machine

RoninBrooklyn

May 1, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
We picked up a Thermoplan Black & White CTS Starbucks type super automatic espresso machine. We're looking for a user manual for the unit. We also need training for the unit. If anyone has any info, I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
First question,

Did you buy a Black and White or a Verismo 801? If its a Black and White call Bunn they can help you get the info you need. If its an Verismo 801 that was in a Starbucks then your in for what might be a rude wake up call.

Bunn is the official distributor for all Thermoplan in the US so that is the first place you must look. The problem with the 801's they weren't suppose to be sold after use. They were suppose to be destroyed because they contain proprietary programming only used for Starbucks. Parts and service are going to be the next challenge. Your going to have to find a service center.

One other thing the last few years the 801's maintenance was downplayed in favor of the new 901 that was introduced. So the 801 is probably in need of urgent repair. As nice as these units are they require regular and expensive upkeep. If you 200K on your grinder mill your looking at roughly $2500 in maintenance just to bring the machine up to spec.

I'm sorry I can't be more help and good luck.

CC

Antony

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Full service and programming manual.

Hi, i have a full service and programming manual, 250 pages for your machine. These are easy machines to work on, and will serve you well for a long time, as long as you clean and service regularly.

MrCoffee97

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Antony, I also have a Thermoplan Verismo 801. Is there any way I can get the manual mentioned below also? Thanks Kindly, Seth

Hi, i have a full service and programming manual, 250 pages for your machine. These are easy machines to work on, and will serve you well for a long time, as long as you clean and service regularly.

Ipmcoffee

Feb 25, 2013
Alpha NJ
Visit site
Thermoplan CTM and CTS parts and service

I am from ipm coffee Innovations in Alpha, NJ. Since 1996 we have been distributing Thermoplan black and white machines in the US. Since 1998 we have been limited to selling the ctm (hot milk frother) machines due to the Starbucks agreement. If you check the thermoplan site, you may notice that we are currently the only US distributor other than Starbucks, who have exclusivity on the verismo lines, and Bunn OMatic who have distribution of the Tiger and up and coming Black and white 3.
Many who have purchased the verismo 801 from eBay and other sources find no support from the factory due to the exclusivity agreement. And as someone has mentioned previously, these models were to have been disabled by eprom removal. Unfortunately, for those models help is limited, but some parts are available. However, there are also Rancilio Orbita ctm and cts machines out there along with our IPM Supra ctm machines and with those machines I may be able help. Although these machines have been discontinued for the past 3 years, we still have some parts available along with parts diagrams. However, service manuals and service access cards to programming are restricted to factory reps. If you pm me with questions I can let you know whether we can help. The thermoplan black and white machines are The most reliable super automatic machines. Their modularity has enabled us to maintain 80+ machines with minimal service staff by overhauling and testing modules in the shop, then swapping them on location. We can also offer mechanical assembly (grinder/brewer), hydraulic assembly (hot water tank) and hot milk frother assembly overhauls by ups. Please pm if you are interested in this service.
We hope to be able to offer some kind of service to those who find themselves with an unsupported Thermoplan machine.
Thank you,
Greg
Ipm coffee

ddonald

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I’ve just bought a Thermoplan B&W CTS machine in the UK (Scotland) and would really appreciate some help in finding a user manual. I have a service card but no idea how to work it nor can i find an engineer that will service it. I tried the original supplier but they no longer support or service these machines. It is labelled Amazon but its defo the Thermoplan B&W CTS without milk tank. Thank you in advance.

Jesy

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thermoplan CTS2 Manual

I am from ipm coffee Innovations in Alpha, NJ. Since 1996 we have been distributing Thermoplan black and white machines in the US. Since 1998 we have been limited to selling the ctm (hot milk frother) machines due to the Starbucks agreement. If you check the thermoplan site, you may notice that we are currently the only US distributor other than Starbucks, who have exclusivity on the verismo lines, and Bunn OMatic who have distribution of the Tiger and up and coming Black and white 3.
Many who have purchased the verismo 801 from eBay and other sources find no support from the factory due to the exclusivity agreement. And as someone has mentioned previously, these models were to have been disabled by eprom removal. Unfortunately, for those models help is limited, but some parts are available. However, there are also Rancilio Orbita ctm and cts machines out there along with our IPM Supra ctm machines and with those machines I may be able help. Although these machines have been discontinued for the past 3 years, we still have some parts available along with parts diagrams. However, service manuals and service access cards to programming are restricted to factory reps. If you pm me with questions I can let you know whether we can help. The thermoplan black and white machines are The most reliable super automatic machines. Their modularity has enabled us to maintain 80+ machines with minimal service staff by overhauling and testing modules in the shop, then swapping them on location. We can also offer mechanical assembly (grinder/brewer), hydraulic assembly (hot water tank) and hot milk frother assembly overhauls by ups. Please pm if you are interested in this service.
We hope to be able to offer some kind of service to those who find themselves with an unsupported Thermoplan machine.
Thank you,
Greg
Ipm coffee

Hi Greg, I hope that you are still around and have some info for me. I know your posting was a while ago. I am looking for a manual for the Thermoplan CTS2 Verissimo 801. We have purchase four of them and there isn't a lot of information on them out there as they were supposed to be destroyed and not sold. Feel free to contact me with any info you might have. I especially want to know how to keep up on the proper cleaning of them. Thanks, Jesy

gstrysky1

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Jesy, thanks for the email - I just responded. Unfortunately the user manuals are impossible to find and parts are no better. Since we are listed on Thermoplan's website, we continue to receive emails asking for help with machines purchased on eBay or locally that do not work or require manuals or eproms to function. For anyone researching the 801, I would like to repeat that these machines are a proprietary machine for Starbucks and have been discontinued for about 5 years now. Unfortunately many people are spending thousands of dollars on these machines only to find that they are useless. I may create a thread for this specifically as a warning to others. Jesy, good luck with your machines!

Cafeparts

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Spare parts for 801 Thermoplan espresso machines.

Hi, I am Rudy from Cafeparts a leader in providing parts for all espresso machines and grinders. We still carry the non-startbucks eprom and sell this for $ 59.99 on our website, www.cafeparts.com. We also carry all the spare parts for the 801 / Black and White from Thermoplan. If you need manuals we also carry those. We have many years experience fixing these machines as we were the preferred service vendor in the Colorado area. If you need used modules, we also have many units left. We provide free technical support for all our customers, so if you decide to buy from us you will know where to find help solving any current or future problem.

Last edited: