Miele CVA615 Coffee System

portlandroseWL

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I have replaced my Miele CVA 615 Coffee System as I'm pretty sure the drive to the brew unit needs to be replaced. I've worked with customer service and they can't confirm that's what might be wrong. It had worked perfectly until one morning the "thumping" sound started when I turned the machine on. It's like the driver doesn't catch in the brew unit. A new driver from Miele parts was quoted at around $500, an authorized repair call would be $129, with no guarantee they could fix the machine, or the call charge would be absorbed in the expense of the parts/labor needed. I made the decision to replace my machine rather than put that much money into it. But, if one of you is not intimidated by doing your own repairs to the machine and can diagnose on your own, or want a challenge, the machine is yours. I'm in the Portland, Oregon metro area. If I have no takers, can anyone suggest a good way to dispose of the machine, or is there someone who would want parts? I'd feel bad just taking it to the recycling center, but that's on my schedule if no one is interested. Thanks for any advice you could offer.

LTucker

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I would be interested in taking it off of your hands. I'm not sure if you're wanting money for it or not, but I have one as well, and was thinking maybe I could put together the two of them to make one work. I believe mine needs a new CPU board. I just paid $350 on CL for it! Was told it worked great, and it was already out of the cabinet. :( Anyway, get back to me on your thoughts if you haven't recycled it already.