In case you need a fantastic domain name for your Coffee Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

UScoffee

Jan 15, 2016
www.us.coffee
Visit site
This one is an unusual pitch for Buy, Sell and Trade forum. Although it very much relates to Sell portion.

I own one of the best domains in coffee industry: WWW.US.COFFEE

Brilliant for any cafe, astonishingly excellent for coffee blog, elegantly simple for coffee trade website. US is the biggest coffee consuming market in the world (by tonnage).

In all cases, this is a great investment for the future, even if you are not going to do anything with the domain, but just keep it.

Charming, isn't it? You can visit www.us.coffee and make an offer for it. Or simply reply to is thread, I am very open to negotiate.
:coffeecup:

Last edited:

UScoffee

Jan 15, 2016
www.us.coffee
Visit site
peterjschmidt, oh really?
did you have a look at my other posts? is this the way you welcome new members here?
what is wrong with offering a good and very relevant domain to good people here? offering it in a relevant place?
does it pain you when you realize someone may make a couple of more bucks? are you envy of those who makes effort to make money for the family? and finally, are you the one who decides who should register here and for what reason?
These are just questions, I am just asking...no blaming, just very interested to know, even if reading your answers takes some 10 mins of my valuable time.

P.S. also, may I ask why you posted irrelevant and off topic reply to my post?

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
peterjschmidt, oh really?
did you have a look at my other posts? is this the way you welcome new members here?
what is wrong with offering a good and very relevant domain to good people here? offering it in a relevant place?
does it pain you when you realize someone may make a couple of more bucks? are you envy of those who makes effort to make money for the family? and finally, are you the one who decides who should register here and for what reason?
These are just questions, I am just asking...no blaming, just very interested to know, even if reading your answers takes some 10 mins of my valuable time.

P.S. also, may I ask why you posted irrelevant and off topic reply to my post?

Hello USCoffee,

It certainly would have been much better if your first post to the Coffee Forum was in the Introductions thread telling us a little about yourself. Instead, you jumped right into writing posts that appear to be sales pitches for your domain name website.

Observing from your first few posts to the Forum, and the way you started off with us, you made it obviously clear that you only joined the Coffee Forum for your own personal gain.

Most of us become very annoyed when people do that.

You're joining a new group of people who would like to get to know you first, before you try to sell them something.

Give it some thought, please.

Rose

UScoffee

Jan 15, 2016
www.us.coffee
Visit site
Rose, I am sorry to see a Super Moderator trying to protect the aggressive welcome I received from this Forum member.

I thought I did not hurt anyone by offering a good domain for possibly another cool coffee startup. Or probably you want coffee projects to look for ideas in other forums/websites?

I was not rude, I was not violating rules. Since when did we start blaming someone who tries to offer something? Should I blame CoffeeForums for placing ads on this page too? Or is it forbidden to sell something here? Or you have no single member in the forum who also thinks about profit? Is it a crime or what?

Since you (just like the forum member before you) clearly jump into conclusions (on the reason of my being here), I just wonder if you will delete this post or will keep it so everyone sees what kind of rude welcome he/she can receive here. And how Super Moderators behave.

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
Hello, UScoffee. Since you seem to answer questions with other questions, let me ask you a few.

Do you visit any other forums?
Have you noticed on other forums that established members very frequently object to first-time posts that are sales pitches?
Do do you belong to any other forums?
Have you noticed that virtually any forum you try to join asks you to post an introduction of yourself to begin with?
If you belong to other forums, did you post an introduction first?
Are you too busy to bother with formalities?

This forum, like many others, is made up of friendly, knowledgeable people who use this platform to pass along their knowledge or to learn from others who pass it along. It isnt our intent to be rude or abrupt but we do appreciate it when newcomers try to follow the rules of courtesy. We'd sincerely like to know a bit more about you before we become receptive to any sales pitch.

Would you you like to start over?

UScoffee

Jan 15, 2016
www.us.coffee
Visit site
Bacchus, thanks for not blaming or jumping into conclusions.
I do belong to few other forums, not coffee related, and they do not have compulsory introduction rules. If I brake any rules in any of those forums, never deliberately, I am being gently reminded by the staff.
Nevertheless, a few words about me, if that is mandatory here. I live in Rome, Italy (I hope the Super Moderators may check this info
via my IP address). I love coffee, and drink only what you call espresso. The thing is, no one calls that coffee espresso in Rome, it's simply "café" or "café normale". So, by default, if you go to any cafe in Rome and say "un cafe", they will give you espresso. If you ask for "espresso", they will give you espresso and will gently smile, because you are a tourist.As for beans, I prefer Ethiopian Sidamo arabica and Ugandan robusta.
I am a big fan of lounge cafe culture, with proper music, indirect but bright lighting and definitely free and high speed wifi without any complicated passwords and kicking out of network every 15 minutes.
Since your nickname is Bacchus, I should probably also mention that I prefer Primitivo wine and Cabernet Sauvignon.
I co-own a few local and international projects and have minority shares here and there. Love cello music, smiling people and reading autobiographies. I always experiment with my finance, do whatever my gut feeling tells me. I do not smoke, only grass when I was a student.
Love my family and my friends, and have many many many other interests, they really add every single day. Probably contributing to this Forum may one day become one of my interests too.
Leo

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
THE best introduction BY FAR in last couple of years since I have been here.

Welcome, Leo.

PS: Peter is an Awesome guy when you get to know him better. He also gave me some shit when I first joined this forum, but now? we are quite close. I even buy some roasted coffees from him which are even more awesome.

PPS: I work in Guatemala coffee business (Green coffee sales directly from Guatemala to overseas), so if you have any coffee origin questions, let us know.
Welcome again.

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
welcome to the coffeeforums Leo! i have been to your beautiful country, and loved it. coffee everywhere you go. the folks that sold coffee on the streets knew what coffee i wanted before i even asked them. i stayed in Milano for a few weeks.
btw, good luck with the sale of the domain name

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Anyone thats been doing business on the net for any length of time will tell you that anything besides a .com is crap. All these .whatever TLD's are designed for one thing and one thing only, to make the registrars big bucks.

Len

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
So why did you wait to introduce yourself until a moderator asked you to, instead of right off the bat? Would you walk into a crowded party of strangers and instantly try to make money off them, or would you try to introduce yourself.

Apart from that, thank you for letting us know such detailed information about yourself and what your interests are - you seem like an interesting person.

UScoffee

Jan 15, 2016
www.us.coffee
Visit site
I didn't introduce myself after moderator asked me to, you'll see that if you go through the posts. Because I don't think the moderator was asking me to introduce myself, that was more blaming and making conclusions about the reason I am here.

But it's an interesting comparison to the party you make, Peter. Which shows you still look at this whole story from money making point of view and you still think I registered here to "pander and/or make something off the good people here...".

If I am at the crowded party and someone walks in and offers a nice champagne, his name would be the last thing I am interested in. Or if a saxophone player walks in and offers some live music, his interests and weekend plans would be the last things I would want to know.

And what I would never do is I would never think that champagne supplier or saxophone player only walked in to "pander and/or make something off the good people here...".

Anyways, have a nice day. I was told you are a good guy, and I believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.