1lb coffee at 12oz prices ~ QUALITY ROASTED

Would you like to buy 1lb of coffee for a 12oz price?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

llolee

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi all!

Pretty new to the forum, but not new to coffee. However, I've always wondered why they sell 12oz bags. Sure, it lets you have more variety and, if you don't brew that often, it keeps it fresher - but for those of us that drink more coffee I would think a 16oz bag would be better.

I'm gauging interest to see if my thought is correct. If it is I'll be able to provide quality, fresh roasted coffee from around the world at the same price as most businesses do for their 12oz bags.

Would love to start a discussion on this to see if it has any possibility :coffeemug:

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I know that when the market jumped to over $3 a lb green that people started selling 12 oz bags to try and make up for the jump in price. It was a scary time. Brazil that was going for $1.24 was at $3.30. Kenya AA jumped all the way to $5.40ish....People started using 12 oz bags and when the market came down they stuck at that size and price and made more money. What do you consider fair on pricing? I am selling 12 oz bags @ $9.99. Most of the small roasters around here are at $18 to $24 a lb. I hope this helps.

llolee

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Your prices seem reasonable @topher and @JSACoffee. Looking online it seems like a lot of the subscription companies sell 12oz for anywhere between $12-$22 + shipping.

I try to price my coffee based off of what I would be willing to pay as a consumer. Call me cheap, but it will be a cold day in hell when I pay $20 for a pound of coffee, unless it's one of the more exotic. If you are interested in my coffee, let me know, and I can get you some more information or direct you to my website.