Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Want to buy: Diedrich HR-1 or a late model Millcity gas 500g

Like the title suggests - I would like to purchase an HR-1. I know they are rare. This seems like a good logical step up from my Hot top. Please PM if you know of one for sale.

Ryan

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/f...086079249.html

its been up for a while but maybe its what youre looking for?? It is not a diedrich tho.

Thanks for the link! It’s gas, which is nice. I’ll reach out and see if it’s sold. Still looking for an HR 1 in the meantime. An IR is a little rich for my hobbyist blood at this point.

The roaster above is sold. Have confirmation from the seller. Still looking for an HR-1 or a late model Millcity gas 500g. Thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164162684231

this ones pretty big in size but don't see too many of them in this size. I think theyre asking too much for it. Prolly should be 6kish.

Super Moderator
    dchooo...here is the same roaster but posted on this forum. Its also less expensive.
    FOR SALE: 1997 Diedrich IR-3 Table Top
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Fighting the urge to try and impulse buy the IR-3 lol. I think I need to stay in the $2.5-3.5k range for this particular bump up in capability. Thanks for the help guys

depends what you are trying to do, but a 500g roaster is mostly for sample roasting or maybe some intense home roasting. Anything more than 1 kg is more of a production roaster. If you wanted to start a small coffee business than the 3kg would be a good start.

I would love to eventually get into a small coffee business down the road. I think I want to begin learning on a roaster that is more similar to the large ones, but I don't think I am ready for the financial commitment of a largish roaster before I really know what I am doing. For now, it would mostly just be used for home roasting/friends. The hot top just has me roasting a batch constantly because I drink so much coffee lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmh6991 View Post
    I would love to eventually get into a small coffee business down the road. I think I want to begin learning on a roaster that is more similar to the large ones, but I don't think I am ready for the financial commitment of a largish roaster before I really know what I am doing. For now, it would mostly just be used for home roasting/friends. The hot top just has me roasting a batch constantly because I drink so much coffee lol.
    For size wise, i would stick to a 1 kg. if you ever do open a business up and production goes up, you can use it as a sample roaster. 1kg is sufficient enough to know if you want to be in the business as a small roaster. I would also look into buckeye roasters. their roasters are made in china i believe but ive seen their roasters used in competitions and such. they offer fixed payments, which with the way our economy is headed is not such a bad option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links