Want to buy: Diedrich HR-1 or a late model Millcity gas 500g

Rmh6991

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Like the title suggests - I would like to purchase an HR-1. I know they are rare. This seems like a good logical step up from my Hot top. Please PM if you know of one for sale.

Ryan

Rmh6991

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the link! It’s gas, which is nice. I’ll reach out and see if it’s sold. Still looking for an HR 1 in the meantime. An IR is a little rich for my hobbyist blood at this point.

Rmh6991

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
The roaster above is sold. Have confirmation from the seller. Still looking for an HR-1 or a late model Millcity gas 500g. Thanks!

Rmh6991

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Fighting the urge to try and impulse buy the IR-3 lol. I think I need to stay in the $2.5-3.5k range for this particular bump up in capability. Thanks for the help guys

dchooo

May 17, 2019
Visit site
depends what you are trying to do, but a 500g roaster is mostly for sample roasting or maybe some intense home roasting. Anything more than 1 kg is more of a production roaster. If you wanted to start a small coffee business than the 3kg would be a good start.

Rmh6991

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I would love to eventually get into a small coffee business down the road. I think I want to begin learning on a roaster that is more similar to the large ones, but I don't think I am ready for the financial commitment of a largish roaster before I really know what I am doing. For now, it would mostly just be used for home roasting/friends. The hot top just has me roasting a batch constantly because I drink so much coffee lol.

dchooo

May 17, 2019
Visit site
I would love to eventually get into a small coffee business down the road. I think I want to begin learning on a roaster that is more similar to the large ones, but I don't think I am ready for the financial commitment of a largish roaster before I really know what I am doing. For now, it would mostly just be used for home roasting/friends. The hot top just has me roasting a batch constantly because I drink so much coffee lol.

For size wise, i would stick to a 1 kg. if you ever do open a business up and production goes up, you can use it as a sample roaster. 1kg is sufficient enough to know if you want to be in the business as a small roaster. I would also look into buckeye roasters. their roasters are made in china i believe but ive seen their roasters used in competitions and such. they offer fixed payments, which with the way our economy is headed is not such a bad option.

Rmh6991

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
oo that is a great deal! Gas too! nice find. I cant pull the trigger this month, been spending too much money. That isn't gonna last long.