Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coffee and Blood Pressure:

This is a discussion on Coffee and Blood Pressure: within the Caffeine Health forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Even though coffee relaxes me, I guess we also need to take into consideration it raises blood pressure as well.. Now, it probably won't make ...

Coffee and Blood Pressure:

Even though coffee relaxes me, I guess we also need to take into consideration it raises blood pressure as well..

Now, it probably won't make a huge difference unless you are drinking an exaggerated amount, but something to keep in mind.

Caffeine: How does it affect blood pressure? - MayoClinic.com

Always a good thing to keep in mind.. Like all things we need to look for warning signs, and it's always a good idea if you have a headache in the morning to maybe avoid that cup of coffee, unless of course it is coffee withdrawal causing the headache.. But that's another story entirely
    Last edited by MyMugsHalfFull; 10-29-2012 at 11:44 AM.

2. # ADS

Yes, that is true indeed.
    I mean, I have personal experience of this. My auntie had the problem of high blood pressure and when she went to the doctor, he asked him whether she smokes or not and the second question was that whether she drinks coffee or not and in what amount?
    My auntie used to take 7-8 mugs of coffee, I mean big mugs of coffee, each day and the doctor strictly advised her to restrict herself to just a couple of mugs each day because of the high blood pressure.
    So we all better take care of this fact and restrict ourselves to 2 or 3 mugs of coffee per day if we have high blood pressure.

SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    Yes, that is true indeed.
    I mean, I have personal experience of this. My auntie had the problem of high blood pressure and when she went to the doctor, he asked him whether she smokes or not and the second question was that whether she drinks coffee or not and in what amount?
    My auntie used to take 7-8 mugs of coffee, I mean big mugs of coffee, each day and the doctor strictly advised her to restrict herself to just a couple of mugs each day because of the high blood pressure.
    So we all better take care of this fact and restrict ourselves to 2 or 3 mugs of coffee per day if we have high blood pressure.

There are lots of other factors besides caffeine of course, however, it is the first thing that doctors tend to take away from us.. Our morning coffee However, I think sometimes its exaggerated. For example, high blood pressure they should tell you to cut out the salt first.. We get waaay more salt in our everyday diet than coffee/caffeine.. But they blame the coffee

The coffee ritual relaxes me, missing my morning ritual might increase my BP although physiologically I know that coffee is supposed to increase BP, at least marginally. Of course more and more research these days touts coffee's health benefits so I wouldn't want to quit drinking coffee to avoid the bump in BP and miss out on all the other positives. Moderation, as it is in most everything, is the key.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been -- Jimmy Buffett (via Mark Twain)

I always found it interesting that how we feel isn't necessarily related to blood pressure... I have had instances where I was stressed to the point where I thought I would explode, and when they took my blood pressure it was perfectly fine

The human body certainly is an interesting thing....

I made a deal with my doctor. He quits complaining about my Caffeine(coffee) intake and I keep providing him with venison jerky. Haven't heard one peep in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    I made a deal with my doctor. He quits complaining about my Caffeine(coffee) intake and I keep providing him with venison jerky. Haven't heard one peep in over a year.
    LOL... That would be the first time I have ever heard "a stick of jerky a day, keeps the doctor at bay"

Of course he isn't going to ride you about caffeine, knowing full well that you could then turn around and say the same thing about the venison jerky... LOL... While Venison jerky is one of the healthiest out there, still not what you would call "health food". Well played

*sigh... Reminds me... Jerky (of any kind) is in short supply around here...

This is something didn't knew it is a complete awareness.I appreciate you for sharing it here.I already take it in a specific amount but now ill be more thankful.All thanx to you dude
    Last edited by adleycain; 03-30-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    URL in signature to a non-coffee website was removed by moderator.

Even though caffeine has been thought to increase the risk of high blood pressure, but it is quite surprising that the result of a long term study proved to be the other way around. People who drank the most coffee seemed to even develop some protection from high blood pressure. However for people who drank large amount of caffeine-containing colas, the risk of high blood pressure is increased.
    Last edited by DigitalWorldAMTF; 05-20-2013 at 10:05 PM.

DigitalWorld, can you give a link or reference to the study you mentioned about the long term study. I'd like to read it. Might might a good article for my blog.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been -- Jimmy Buffett (via Mark Twain)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads