Caffeine in a cup of coffee

coffeefox

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
There are hundreds of different variations of the basic cup of coffee. The way that coffee is grown, ground, stored and brewed has every bit of effect on the flavor as well as
the caffeine in a cup of coffee. The amount of caffeine in coffee depends on several factors. First, how fermented the bean is affects caffeine content. The roasting process adds about twenty percent caffeine to the average coffee bean, but the grind of the bean and the brewing process makes even more of an impression on the polyphenols. Finer grinds are used for espresso and Turkish coffees.

markkislich

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Sure. Generally speaking though, caffeine content in a large mug/2 cups of coffee is about 200mg.
I think this is a good and reliable guideline.

Mark

P.S.
Have you ever had a decaff or low caff that tasted as good as "the real thing"?

coffeefox

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I never drink decaff coffee or tea (except of green tea). In my personal opinion, to enjoy a cup of coffee it should be real fresh brewed coffee with all ingredients given by Mother Nature.

markkislich

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Lucky You... I have to monitor my Caffeine intake: no more than 1 large mug of strong coffee, done by 2 PM...1 day a week de caffeinate (no coffee at all).

Like, that's my level at which sleep is good and everything fits well. Well balanced, so to speak.

Mark

rohitlumar

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... exactly...
Now a days you can see coffee cups size is increased day by day there are a lots of reason for this,,Such kinda
More work in office people have a huge head ache, they think that one small cup is insufficient, so they use minimum 200-250 coffee in their cup,,,
second reason is very complicated and according to fashion.... :coffee: let me say,,, people are using mug printing on their with their own big photo that completely fit on the mug doesn't matter that size of mug increased, they choose biggest size coffee mug,,, I'm saying this because my friends and me also have this....
But whatever the reason I'll say more coffee is really harmful for our body...

Last edited by a moderator:

adleycain

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
That depends on the size of cup but the average amount in a normal cup is a about 200mg according to my knowledge.That is a appropriate amount and can be taking on daily basis but everyday going that top everyday can be a little bad.

Last edited: