Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The halflife's twelve hours, so if you're drinking after 6pm, it's staying in your system till midnight or later, even if you don't "feel" it. So you're not getting the best sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCoffeeLocator View Post
    I drink way too much coffee (Italian mocha machine) and have been looking for a proven health reason to cut back. If I find a reason I will have no problem cutting back. If I dont find a reason, I will not cut back - I like to too much.
    The only definite reason I have found to cut back is that it causes bad breath - which I hope i don't have-. People talk about heart risks, but the doc says my heart is very good. Does anyone know a real long term side-effect of too much coffee/caffeine?
    Hi, according to the information found on the internet, it seems that coffee when consumed in an appropriate amount, it can be beneficial to our health. According to a study, when coffee is consumed at levels of four cups (~ 600 mL) or fewer per day, it can help the heart. However when consume more than that, it can become detrimental to cause coronary artery disease. Have you tried decaffeinated coffee? If you don't mind losing some flavour, then it could be an alternative.
    Last edited by DigitalWorldAMTF; 05-20-2013 at 04:27 PM.

There are conflicting reasons to cut caffeine. One is according to some, it is addiction! Others say that it adversely affects the memory. Some says you will have much better mood if caffeine is eliminated. And other says, caffeine affects your energy because you canít be active without it.

All of the above reasons are just reasons without scientific basis. If we have to sum up all those negative effects of the caffeine, they canít supersede the benefits but it can offer good benefits to your health such as lowering blood pressure. And if all the reasons of the above are true, then coffee drinkers are not increasing.

i think you would only see the downside of coffee if you consume too much off it and your body is reacting badly to it. so i say if your current coffee intake is not doing your heart or body no good, then cut it out. if not, then enjoy it

flori
    blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

SIX MOCHAS? Wow. I could NOT do that! Try doing 5, then 4, that is a 33% reduction which is more of moderation than your current extreme amount! Lol I drink one Mocha a day if that! Granted I have lots of other caffeinated stuff but I know when I order that Venti Mocha I need to be careful of having other caffeine containing stuff soon after or I'll get really chatty and annoying!

As long as you're eating right and exercising, you're probably ok. I drink about 4 cups of coffee a day, but I also eat plenty of greens and run a good 3 miles after work.

Something I've had to deal with recently, because of my caffeine intake, that has caused me to have to drink less caffeinated coffee as well as less coffee in general is the fact that the caffeine can increase heart rate, which is fine if you are doing something that would benefit from an increased blood flow throughout your body, but if you aren't doing anything physical(or even just standing/walking) then your caffeine intake should be limited to below 200mg per day. 200mg per day is the recommended amount of caffeine, though there are quite a bit of people who go far over that(me included when I'm working) but so long as you stay properly hydrated and exercise it isn't going to be quite as large of a problem! Now down to what I was going to add to this conversation in the first place! Caffeine can increase heart rate, which would increase the need for taking breaths(but if you aren't doing anything physical this can be uncomfortable) as well as the fact that caffeine can cause your stress hormones to be released without a physical/mental need for the hormones, as well as greatly increase anxiety levels(which can cause increased health problems on its own). Not only that, but if you drink coffee a lot throughout the day, they say that it is best to drink less caffeinated coffees, such as dark roast coffees or half caff or even decaf at the rate of about 1 6-8oz cup per 6 hours of the day(meaning up to 4 cups a day). If you are only drinking coffee because you enjoy the taste, then try finding some type of coffee that has low caffeine but you still enjoy. I enjoy decaf espresso, even though it is much less flavorful than regular espresso, but because of the breathing problems that having a high caffeine level have given me, I had to learn to like the less caffeinated options, as well as find something that is equally as delicious, but without the overwhelming amount of caffeine. I would never be able to survive without coffee, and I don't expect you to either! I hope this response has helped in any way shape or form that it could, and I hope that even if you don't cut back on caffeine that your body will continue to function normally regardless

small amount of coffee equal to small amount of caffeine,as caffeine is responsible for increasing heart rate, body temperature & blood sugar.we should always avoid more intake of coffee
    Last edited by PinkRose; 05-21-2014 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Removed link from the post

Coffee and caffeine aren't bad till they harm you. Most people don't get/feel anything. But don't forget to take a break if you feel you're getting addicted.

And as a rule of thumb never drink more than 3-6 coffees a day.

Caffeine keeps your brain from saying I'm tired. When the brain is tired it releases a chemical. What caffeine does is that it prevents that chemical.
    That's why when you drink coffee you get kind of pumped up.
    But too much coffee your brain will stay active all the time.
    That's bad very bad so cut the caffeine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links