Coffee and Gout

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't able to create a new post so I had to use this one to ask a question.

I have been led to believe that coffee can cause gout then I read an article on WebMD

Coffee Lowers Gout Risk

That said "4 cups of coffee A DAY will reduce gout" and it has a 2007 date on it.

Then I read in this thread that another doctor says you should never drink 4 cups of coffee a day.

I do know of a person whose gout seems to reappear after drinking about three cups of coffee, so what the 411 on coffee and gout, anybody?

thuynguyen

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea about coffee lower gout risk. What I know so far is you should not drink over 4 cups of coffee in a day. Coffee in general is good for your health if you drink it properly.

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea about coffee lower gout risk. What I know so far is you should not drink over 4 cups of coffee in a day. Coffee in general is good for your health if you drink it properly.

Thank you for your reply :)

However, I am now left with the questions of why not more than 4 cups a day? and what constitute one cup of coffee? 8oz perhaps?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I wonder who came up with how many cups per day theory. But some days I do drink much more then 4 8oz cups. And some days I don't. I think addiction to Caffeine is very real but individual should limit what they put in their body based on their knowledge and their condition.

poorperson1

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Along with increasing the amount of coffee used, the risk of gout (Gout) was minimized. Compared with people who do not ever drink coffee, men who drank 4-5 cups per day of coffee, the risk of developing gout decreased 40%. The men drink 6 cups a day of coffee or more, the risk of developing gout decreased 59%.
Researchers of Canada and the U.S. have been studied for 45 869 men who were surveyed over the age of 40 and the beginning of the study, they were not certified gout. By observing more than 12 years, for those who are at risk of gout high evaluation of the relationship between coffee intake with rates arising from gout, and the results were found to startling conclusions people: Those who drank more than 4 cups per day of coffee, the risk of gout incurred significant reduction.

The researchers concluded: Along with the increasing amount of coffee used, the risk of gout was minimized. Compared with people who do not ever drink coffee, men who drank 4-5 cups per day of coffee, the risk of developing gout decreased 40%. The men drink 6 cups a day of coffee or more, the risk of developing gout decreased 59%. The study also found the above factors exist independent, unrelated to other risk factors with gout. Apart from that, drinking tea and total caffeine intake were not-in relation to gout arise, the use of caffeine-in. That may be related to a component of strong anti-oxidative chlorine syrup called manganese dioxide acid in coffee.

Last edited:

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Along with increasing the amount of coffee used, the risk of gout (Gout) was minimized. Compared with people who do not ever drink coffee, men who drank 4-5 cups per day of coffee, the risk of developing gout decreased 40%. The men drink 6 cups a day of coffee or more, the risk of developing gout decreased 59%....

WAHOOOOOOOO! It's Coffee Time!

Any old excuse WILL do! ;)

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Moderate drinking of coffee have indeed various good results for our health. Not just for gout. So let us have some coffee :).

Flori
Blogger, Coffeeloversofworld.com

sharjeel

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i think its depend on taste some people likes coffee and they said its good and the others ones who don't like coffee they said its not a good but i personally think that its good for health,i used 4-5 cup a day

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
A study published in medical journal that Arthritis and Rheumatology including the risk of developing gout can be lowered if you drink five or more cups. It is also proven that coffee can caused reduction in uric acid levels in the blood stream allowing coffee drinkers to avoid gout. You are also advised to eat more fruits and vegetable and avoid diet in high protein.

But with the question of moderate coffee drinking, yes it’s true that there might be other conditions that you may experience if you drink too much coffee. To be safe, just talk to your doctor if you want to increase caffeine consumption.

stephen12

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I didn’t know that coffee can lower the risk for gout. Thanks for sharing. Just by reading in this thread help me know some valuable information. Gout is not just like a cough and cold that can cure by some medicines. Paying attention to it is really important.

Last edited:

Latest posts