Giving up caffeine blog

will1743

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have a massive caffeine addiction but because of various health problems and advice from my doctor i have decided to give it up for good, I have decided to write a daily+ blog on how i am getting on with the withdrawal and what health benefits i begin to see along the way, i plan on continuing it to show the effects long term.

I have alot of will power but i know others really struglle so im hoping my blog will help some people get through a tough time or inspire people to cut back/quit.

I cant post links yet but if anyone wants it let me know

Hopefully see some of you there soon :)

Will

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Will,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

Obviously, because this is a Coffee Forum, we usually don't have many visitors who are trying to give up drinking coffee. There have been a few discussions about it in the past. I'm sure references to your blog may help other people who are going through what you're experiencing.

It's possible that participating in this Forum would make you crave coffee even more. You may become a decaf coffee drinker as time goes on.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Rose

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry to hear that you have to give up coffee. But have you tried decaf coffee first before giving up coffee. I agree with pinkrose, most of the forumers here are coffee lovers.

goodluck :).

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
Bummer. Giving up coffee, that'd be a tough one for me. How about just cutting back, giving up something you love can be just as stressful as overdoing it.

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
There is no need to give up coffee completely, or anything which you love so much. Even though a person is super addicted, if he can decrease his coffee intake gradually then after some days (months, may be) he can live his life without any health problems and still enjoy one-two cups of coffee everyday. I'm glad that I didn't leave coffee after all that I had gone through.

WatVentu

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Does the roast dictate the caffeine level in coffee? Are caffeine levels rather consistent in all beans (besides decaf)? Thank you.