Please help : Thanks !

sniff28

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I've been using pre workout supplements for a year now and I bought a new one and it's got caffeine in. When I stopped taking it though i noticed my vision had gone a bit funny and I have less energy now aswell. I usually cycle the supplements, meaning I take it for 4 weeks and then stop taking it for 4 weeks but this time I took it for 8 weeks because I felt like I had no energy without it. Also it seems like ive built up a tolerance for some of the ingredients in the supplement because I dont feel them anymore when taking it but I still think I can feel the caffeine working.

Also I cant concentrate anymore and cant think straight.

Since ive stopped taking it, will everything return to normal ?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "sniff28"

Considering the fact that this is a Coffee Forum, it's highly unlikely that you'll find the answers to your questions here.

Your best option is to visit your doctor and explain what you took and describe what's been happening to you.

Pre-workout supplements contain a variety of ingredients, including caffeine, and some of those ingredients have dangerous side effects. Many of those supplements cause heart damage, high blood pressure, stroke, etc. That's why there are usually all sorts of warnings on the labels, and that's why most labels tell you to only take the supplement for a few weeks and then stop.

I'm guessing that you're experiencing caffeine withdrawal, similar to what people experience when they stop drinking coffee. You'll probably return back to normal in a few weeks, but it's better to go get checked out by a doctor to be on the safe side. In the meantime, keep drinking plenty of water.

And flush the rest of those pills down the toilet!

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Hey Brian..maybe use the stuff we tested from Miami? The stuff that almost gave me a heart attack and they used the floor sweepings.

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
i agree with pinkrose. I have not come across a supplement though that have caffeine on it.

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

Howzit,

Which pre work out are you battling with? I had similar symptoms the other day. I, in the early morning confused two products and took too much. Some of the products use a heck load of caffeine which leaves you room to drink coffee during the day.
BSN NOXplode is a very good pre work out and leaves you normal for the day.

chikung

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I would never take that supplement again if I were you! these side effects are serious and it seems that it made you an addict as well...too bad!

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Old thread but I don't care for pre-workouts at all, for one they all taste absolutley revolting lol, but too many side effects (though vision in the op is a first I've heard of)... usually jitters, crashing etc. Mesmorph was the only stuff that didn't give a crashing effect but tasted so bad.

Best preworkout --> 6 grams of Citrulline Malate mixed with some OJ like 40min before, and a banana as well is great for preworkout. I mix CL in my espresso shot glasses, 3 grams each and some oj, mix, and down them. It's a potent N.O. producer, not addictive, and not expensive like other junk filled stuff like Jack3d or Explode etc

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Surfer,

It looks like "sniff28" hasn't returned to the Forum since his original post in this thread.

This topic has wandered away from discussing coffee and the stimulating effects of caffeine. Maybe we should consider this thread closed.

Rose

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Hi Surfer,

It looks like "sniff28" hasn't returned to the Forum since his original post in this thread.

This topic has wandered away from discussing coffee and the stimulating effects of caffeine. Maybe we should consider this thread closed.

Rose
yeh I was replying and then noticed when Chik replied it bumped an older thread and I changed my post lol

Latest posts