How is Tim Hortons coffee different?(Improved mood effects)

northern

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I noticed something unique that happens to me when I drink Tim Horton's coffee. For some reason it improves my mood. However, I don't notice this effect when I drink other coffees like McDonalds or Starbucks, so I don't specifically think it has to do with caffeine. I am thinking it has more to do with some other active ingredient in their coffee. Do they have more levels of something specific when compared to the other's?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I don't think there is some other "active ingredient" in their coffee.

It's possible that you simply like the name of Tim Horton's coffee, and that's why it improves your mood.

Maybe you shouldn't question why it improves your mood, and just drink up and enjoy it.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I noticed something unique that happens to me when I drink Tim Horton's coffee. For some reason it improves my mood. However, I don't notice this effect when I drink other coffees like McDonalds or Starbucks, so I don't specifically think it has to do with caffeine. I am thinking it has more to do with some other active ingredient in their coffee. Do they have more levels of something specific when compared to the other's?

I think there is hidden ingredients Tim Hortons use to sell more coffee. But highly doubt that is the case. The mood change might to do with your state of mind. I have seen tons of customers came to my coffee shop and left with big smile. I never put anything other then coffee and my sincere appreciation to each cup I serve to my customers and it always brings tons of joy just see my customers leave with smile on their face..... ;) That is my own hidden ingredient.

northern

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with all of your assertions about the wonderful effects of coffee in general. Previously, i thought it was the effects of caffeine. However I have a few friends that live in certain parts of the US where this coffee isn't available. They also noticed the same spike in mood not noticed with their typical brew down south. I am not insinuating that there is some hidden additive . But it may be the coffee beans that they use has higher levels of certain compounds that is naturally present in all coffees. I am curious because I do have some nutrient and mineral deficiencies that I have to take certain supplements for.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I highly doubt they go out and purchase beans that is higher on certain nutrients. That just not possible. Unless they are putting something in their coffee which will be conspiracy theory which I love. lol. but I don't know your location but do try coffee from local roasters. You might be experiencing joy of fresh roasted and fresh brewed coffee for the first time. ;)

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
However I have a few friends that live in certain parts of the US where this coffee isn't available. They also noticed the same spike in mood not noticed with their typical brew down south.

Expand on this. Where do your friends live, exactly? Are you shipping them Tim Horton’s coffee from Canada? What is their typical brew?

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
If your mood improves due to the coffee you drink, meaning you like the coffee. But yours is exceptional since you have experienced mood improvement when drinking Tim Horton’s Coffee which you did not feel from other big coffees brand.

I don’t think that there is something added in their coffee that improves your mood. It might be that your mood happens to improve after you had tasted the Tim Horton’s Coffee. Remember that first impression is lasting and it happens when you feel different after tasting their coffee. Thus, your mood improves every time you drink their coffee.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Lol When I told my step-father last year that I was opening a coffee roasting shop, he told me I should serve Tim Horton's. I then tried explaining to him what we would be doing, but it appears he's spent too much time in Canada to understand. hehe j/k

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
If your mood improves due to the coffee you drink, meaning you like the coffee. But yours is exceptional since you have experienced mood improvement when drinking Tim Horton’s Coffee which you did not feel from other big coffees brand.

I don’t think that there is something added in their coffee that improves your mood. It might be that your mood happens to improve after you had tasted the Tim Horton’s Coffee. Remember that first impression is lasting and it happens when you feel different after tasting their coffee. Thus, your mood improves every time you drink their coffee.

Those are great points. Our minds are powerful things, and when we associate positive emotions with certain situations, it can be a lasting impression. As is said, "You always remember your first time." :heart:

Maybe I was unwittingly showing some wisdom when I named my roasting business The Excellent Cup; it might just reinforce the drinker's experience... the power of suggestion, and all that.