Why you should drink coffee

Sebastian120

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
What is coffee and how does it benefit you? Coffee is a brewed liquid substance that some people drink to get a kick-start for the day. Many people may define coffee as: “just a way to get the day started,” but it’s not just a “day starter.” Coffee has many benefits towards the body and mentality; some are more long-termed than others. I personally was not a fan of drinking coffee due to the taste, at least until I researched on how much it could be a benefit. As a college student, I could use all the help I could get when it comes to my academic performance and my health; being busy studying, staying in shape, and keeping my focus in class takes a lot of energy. After I decided to start drinking coffee I saw amazing results. Due to drinking coffee I was able to stay awake longer, my body felt more energized when it came to exercising, and my thought process increased which helped with my studying and homework. I did not see such satisfying results when I did not drink coffee. I recommend others to drink coffee as well, especially college students.

Some may ask about how the results of coffee is tested or why someone should drink it, well it has been studied and used for generations, tested mostly from “before and after” studies; it is where a patient or a volunteer acts on their normal routines without the use of the coffee, and then later on with the use the coffee. The tests examine any changes that may have occurred due the caffeine from the coffee. There are also medical methods of testing which is called electromyography, as described by the medical center at the University of Rochester; it is where someone is in a medical setting with one or more needles in the skin which shows the change in the nerves and mind of the person due to electrical activity. The outcomes of the tests over-time have shown great results. Results such as increase in blood flow throughout the body, not in excessive amounts, but just enough that it heightens the senses and causes the brain to work faster due to the needs of the body; the results of the people who have tested with coffee has shown improvement in physical performance, concentration, energy levels risen, and also causing the mind to think and process quicker. The results are not only given out by doctors or scientists, they are given out by the general public who has tested drinking coffee firsthand.

Coffee has many benefits towards your body and mentality, due to the boost of a couple natural chemicals such as: caffeine, antioxidants, and nutrients. Caffeine increases metabolic rates and overall body movement, which helps with fat loss; it is common among athletes or whoever wishes to lose some weight. Caffeine is a strong antioxidant that gives energy to the body and mind. According to the U.S national library of medicine, it also is a factor towards preventing several diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, diabetes, and also potentially cancer, due to the increase in control and usage of estrogen and nerve endings. Students need all the help they can get, trying to stay in shape, doing other outside activities, studying and completing homework can be a handful. The increase in focus, thinking process, memory, physical characteristics, and just the overall health of a student is beneficial which could improve a students’ academic career. Coffee is beneficial in many cases; it would be a wise decision to give it a try and stick with it and not put your cup down just due to the taste.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Sebastian120

Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

By any chance, are you in college and doing a research paper about coffee????

This part is the main reason why a lot of us drink coffee.

The outcomes of the tests over-time have shown great results. Results such as increase in blood flow throughout the body, not in excessive amounts, but just enough that it heightens the senses and causes the brain to work faster due to the needs of the body; the results of the people who have tested with coffee has shown improvement in physical performance, concentration, energy levels risen, and also causing the mind to think and process quicker. The results are not only given out by doctors or scientists, they are given out by the general public who has tested drinking coffee firsthand.

Rose

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually what Sebastian doing here is sharing what he actually experience from drinking coffee. What made him decide to drink coffee was his gain knowledge from reading some important facts about coffee and its health benefits. And after knowing these things, he did it and now a coffee drinker.

coffeemitch

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I drink coffee every day. Why? Because I like it. I have heard or read many argument for and against coffee. No point to worry, just do it!

Completely agree with you! Just look at Finland, they have the highest coffee consumption in the world but also some of the best health statistics, so at least coffee does not seem to be unhealthy.

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I started drinking coffee even before I knew about its benefits. My dad is a tea drinker and mom is a coffee drinker. I still remember that day when I was like 7. One day, they both were having their things when I asked mom, "give me a sip from your cup". My dad yelled at me very badly. He started lecturing me something about bad effect of coffee and that I should take tea when I grow up a little. I listened to him very attentively for 5 minutes. But as they both left the room, I took mom's coffee mug and tasted that leftover cold coffee from it and acted as if I had quenched my thirst for coffee!!!! Oh.. my memory! I'm proud of it. :cool:

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes I did it, might be for two or three days, but fortunately I didn't have to do that for long. She knew that I had liked it and since then she started leaving 1/4th (quarter) of coffee in her mug for me, everyday. It was soon enough when she started sharing half of her coffee with me. I can never ever forget that sugary and smokey taste of coffee prepared by my mom! I wish I could live those days again.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Montre,

Cool Mom! It sounds like she was leaving her coffee on the table and pretending that she didn't know you were finishing it.

Were you able to do this without your father ever knowing what you both were up to?

Good memories are great to hold on to. Thanks for sharing yours.

Rose