What should you drink in the morning right after waking up?

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I drink a cup of coffee in the morning right after waking up. WHY, because it makes me more "awake" and energetic. I feel that after having a cup of coffee I can finish my daily morning chores more efficiently. Most of my friends and relatives do the same. Just the smell of coffee in the morning is enough to make anyone smile. :p

I was watching a health show yesterday on my television and there it was being claimed that drinking one liter of water on an empty stomach right after getting up in the morning is very good for health. Does any of you follow this routine? I think I should do it, but that will make me postpone my coffee until breakfast.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I just read an article that said drinking two 8-ounces glasses of water (16 ounces) right after you wake up helps your body get your metabolism going. One liter is a bit too much for a person to drink all at once.

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I just read an article that said drinking two 8-ounces glasses of water (16 ounces) right after you wake up helps your body get your metabolism going. One liter is a bit too much for a person to drink all at once.

I read some articles today and learned that it is actually called a water therapy. According to which a person should follow two simple rules:

1. Drink 1 liter of water right after getting up in the morning.
2. Don't eat or drink anything for at least 45 minutes.

I have found some articles which I thought are worth sharing. Please read - Article 1, Article 2

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I drink water when I need them. I don't force myself to drink one liter or even 1/2 ounce of water when I don't feel like it.
I do drink water often and I like drinking coffee when I am not drinking water and....... yeah ... some beer.... lol

Eldub, stop saying cat poop coffee.... lol you are making my tummy twirl.... lol

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Coffee for me is to energize. If I still have a lot of energy upon wake up, then I drink some glasses of water first. Anyway, I drink coffee every day during my coffee time.