Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I agree with PinkRose, Janry and CoffeeLovers. It is better to avoid taking hardcore medication for any light sickness - like cough & cold - than taking them for most of the health problems and hence making your body immune to fight with the cause of the sickness. So, I don't take medicines when I'm down with fever, or cough & cold.

I'm feeling much better than before. Though the process of recovery is slow but I'm content that I'm not taking any medicines to get well. I'm recovering on my own.

Anyways, I think coffee should not be considered as a "medicine" for a sickness. It should rather be taken as a preventive measure for getting sick in the future. That's the difference, I guess!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Coffee does not ask silly questions, Coffee Understands!!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by montre View Post
    I'm feeling much better than before. Though the process of recovery is slow but I'm content that I'm not taking any medicines to get well. I'm recovering on my own.

Anyways, I think coffee should not be considered as a "medicine" for a sickness. It should rather be taken as a preventive measure for getting sick in the future. That's the difference, I guess!

Montre,

I'm glad to gear that you're feeling better now. It's a slow process, but soon it will be a distant memory.

I don't see how coffee can be a preventitive measure from getting sick in the future. Unless you're referring to coffee's contribution to the fluids that people are routinely supposed to be drinking on a daily basis???

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeLovers View Post
    You should not drink coffee too much even when you are not sick. Thus everyone is warned to drink coffee moderately. Thereís nothing wrong if you drink coffee when you are sick but donít think that coffee can be an antibiotic that kills viruses. Coffee can give many health benefits but not a medicine to cure sickness.
    I agree with coffeelovers. Some of coffee is benefit for health

The reasons why I termed coffee as a preventive measure for getting sick are two -

First, coffee has some health benefits which we are already well acquainted with. E.g. it reduces the chances of getting heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimerís disease, dementia... and the list goes on for serious health issues!!!!

Second, having a hot cup of coffee in the winter season prevents one from catching cold easily. Though there is no strong evidence to support the point but I have seen many coffee drinkers who regularly drink two-four cups of hot coffee in winter rarely get any cold.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Coffee does not ask silly questions, Coffee Understands!!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by montre View Post
    Second, having a hot cup of coffee in the winter season prevents one from catching cold easily. Though there is no strong evidence to support the point but I have seen many coffee drinkers who regularly drink two-four cups of hot coffee in winter rarely get any cold.
    Or maybe they just wash their hands more often and stay away from sick people.

yes coffee very helpful in sickness

coffee has been shown to be helpful in relieving constipation and ibs-like symptoms.

When you are sick take plenty of rest and drink lots of water.
    I don't think you have to take a bunch of medicines and antibiotic just for a normal cold
    Last edited by coffeepercolator1; 07-19-2014 at 09:05 PM.

I don't think coffee will help you at all other than keep your body a bit warm. Coffee will keep you peeing and loosing water. Drinking a lot of water will help massively

I have had a really bad sore throat and cold. Everyday I drank about 2-3 cups of coffee and it made me feel very good. It actually helped me to get better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links