Can You Overdose on Caffeine?

jmurr

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Let's say you can. How much would it take? It is some insane amount? I searched previous posts and couldn't find anything definitive. Thanks.

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
Well, I think you would need to define "overdose" for your purpose. Normally overdose refers to medicines or drugs and in that case, I'd say any amount over the manufacturer's recommended levels would be an overdose. Overdose does not necessarily mean anything lethal. If you wonder how much it would take to kill someone, it may depend on the person's size and other factors.

Are you concerned you or someone else is drinking too much coffee?

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
A person can know that he is on caffeine overdose by reading the symptoms he is getting. The first symptom in most cases is a sensation of shaking and tremors. It totally depends upon the tolerance level of the person. Generally speaking, the dose between 300 Mg to 500 Mg of caffeine is considered to be dangerous if it is being consumed in one day. Not to mention that some people can survive that too. Check out this Caffeine Database. It shows caffeine amount in various beverages.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
That was quite a lesson learned!

They must have tasted pretty good in order for you to eat so many of them. I would hate to imagine what would happen if someone bought a bag of them and a little kid got a hold of it.

f1lupo

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
heck if so then I should have been buried a long time ago:decaf: lol but seriously caffeine is like any other addictive substance in that if you over indulge then there will be some side affects and I suppose the 'limits' will vary from perosn to person based on age, weight etc etc.