Vitamize your body with or without coffee?

robertslinda

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
As it is very vital to vitamize the body all coffee lovers should know that caffeine inhibits vitamin D receptors, which limit the amount that will be absorbed. Because vitamin D is important in the absorption and use of calcium in building bone, this could also decrease bone mineral density, resulting in an increased risk for osteoporosis. I love coffee but it can have a negative impact on my health. So what to do?

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "robertslinda"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

If you're getting ready to try to sell us coffee with vitamins in them, please don't waste your time and our time.

Regarding the Vitamin D issue, if you're really concerned about it, just spend extra time outdoors soaking up the sunshine. That should take care of the problem.

Rose

robertslinda

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello "robertslinda"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

If you're getting ready to try to sell us coffee with vitamins in them, please don't waste your time and our time.

Regarding the Vitamin D issue, if you're really concerned about it, just spend extra time outdoors soaking up the sunshine. That should take care of the problem.

Rose

Thanks for your reply and your greetings. I hurry to inform you that i have no intention to sell any product. I just became worriedwhen i read about that because i have chronic bone and joint pain especially in my knee area. I just wanted to know if coffee can worsen my fatigue and if i should exclude it. Thanks!!!

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
....caffeine inhibits vitamin D receptors, which limit the amount that will be absorbed. Because vitamin D is important in the absorption and use of calcium in building bone, this could also decrease bone mineral density, resulting in an increased risk for osteoporosis.

You really should cite your source when you post information directly from them such as this:

The Effect of Caffeine on Vitamin Absorption / Nutrition / Vitamins and Minerals

Caffeine inhibits vitamin D receptors, which limit the amount that will be absorbed. Because vitamin D is important in the absorption and use of calcium in building bone, this could also decrease bone mineral density, resulting in an increased risk for osteoporosis.

It seems everything is bad if consumed in excess. Just consume reasonable quantities and you should be OK.