Coffee can almost not affect me - what should I do?

DeatH_StaR

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I drink coffee only for the caffeine to stay awake. Once one cap could affect me, but now I need 2 and could barley keep awake. I'm afraid that in the future it would be 3 or 4 or more. What should I do?

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Welcome to the Club of Caffeine Addiction. Really the only thing you can do is go without caffeinated coffee for about 2 weeks (and endure the splitting headaches, etc. associated with caffeine withdrawel), then after those 2 weeks start drinking again. You will find that 1 cup will do it for you for awhile, then it will have to be 2. etc. Repeat cycle.

Len :lol:

coffeepercolator1

Jul 11, 2014
India
Visit site
Caffeine addiction is a serious problem. Even though caffeine makes your brain work better and keeps you awake it will lead to serious problems in the future.
Try to decrease coffee a bit by bit everyday. If you feel sleepy splash water on your self or anything that keeps you awake other than drinking coffee because too much caffeine is not good for you. If still nothing works and you get too addicted to coffee go to a re-hab center near you.

Cheers!!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I drink coffee only for the caffeine to stay awake. Once one cap could affect me, but now I need 2 and could barley keep awake. I'm afraid that in the future it would be 3 or 4 or more. What should I do?

Are you getting enough sleep when you're supposed to be sleeping? If you're not, then you may be so tired that no amount of caffeine will keep you awake.

Bohan

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, look into things that help you sleep better, if that's your problem. Get enough sunlight, don't be too active before bedtime, get enough exercise, etc.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
It seems to me, you'd be better off w/o any caffeine at all, and rather doing as the others suggest; find your energy naturally from the foods you eat, and the sleep you get. Learn how to deal w/ stress in healthy ways, and live w/o drugs.

Mzungu

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I did night shifts also, what worked for me was to take a nap right before work usually between a light dinner and work.
It was better than coffee and melatonine pills.

Trinity

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
it's really better to give up drinking coffee for at least two weeks, after you can start again, but with little amount a day:coffeecup: